Home Button No Longer Working - Please Help!!!

1. Dankees

Dankees Well-Known Member

So, I just deleted about eight or so applications and games I never use. Soon after, I noticed that the main home button at the top of my screen is no longer working. I have tried pressing the reset button a few times, but after the device restarts the home button still does nothing.

Please help me - what can I do to make it work?

Advertisement
  2. AndroidSPCS

AndroidSPCS Well-Known Member

What phone do you have? What Android OS are you running?
  3. Dankees

This is a tablet running Android 2.2.
  4. AndroidSPCS

Which tablet is it? And what ROM are you running?
  5. Dankees

It's from China.

I think it would best be described as a GPad GForce.
  6. AndroidSPCS

Hmmm have not heard this before. I'll move this thread to General Tablet talk to see if other people might know.
    Dankees likes this.
  7. Dankees

I appreciate that!
  8. Dankees

It still doesn't work, 5 weeks later. Someone please help me! :-(
  9. Bob Maxey

Bob Maxey Well-Known Member

Might be a bad switch.
  10. Dankees

What do you mean "bad switch"...?

This is a home button on the touchscreen.
  11. Bob Maxey

Bob Maxey Well-Known Member

You were not specific enough. Hard to diagnose problems without knowing the name and/or model number of the device. On the iPad, the Home button is a physical switch.

You later posted, "It's from China. I think it would best be described as a GPad GForce. Not too specific as there are many different tablets described as GPad GForce. Lots of models and my divining rod is broken.

My general suggestion to folks is this: if you have a tech problem, please provide as much info as possible. Specific info please . . . not generalities.

Just trying to help.
  12. lunatic59

lunatic59 Moderati ergo sum Moderator

The buttons on the tab, even though part of the capacitive touch screen, activate a switch when touched. If the sensor for the switch is no longer responding to the switch itself is bad, you'd get an unresponsive button where everything else works as expected.

It could be a warranty issue, but if the pad is from China, it may be problematic. A better solution is to root (if you haven't already) and use an app like SoftKeys for ROOT USERS for Android | AppBrain.com