• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help home button recessed

zim2704

Nov 5, 2009
Ok also her is my question. I have the blue and my wife has the white and her home button sits up and you can feel it easily, mine on the other hand is flush with the screen. I only ask if this is normal because I do like how my wife's is higher and easier to push but it's only a deal breaker being flush if it will wear down further and be recessed after a few months of use. Let me know what your phones are like...thanks

Ok also her is my question. I have the blue and my wife has the white and her home button sits up and you can feel it easily, mine on the other hand is flush with the screen. I only ask if this is normal because I do like how my wife's is higher and easier to push but it's only a deal breaker being flush if it will wear down further and be recessed after a few months of use. Let me know what your phones are like...thanks

If it's recessed to the point it concerns or annoys you, exchange it. I wouldn't keep a phone I thought was faulty from the get go.

Upvote 0
If it's recessed to the point it concerns or annoys you, exchange it. I wouldn't keep a phone I thought was faulty from the get go.

I'm one of those types that if it isn't broke then I won't fix it. I will probably check out the local store when they become available and make my decision based off their floor units buttons...just hate to waste a screen protector I just put on...oh well.

Upvote 0
I think my S3 may have done the same this morning. I am sure that the button previously stuck out, and gave a satisfying and reassuring click when pressed. Now it lies flush with the body of the phone. I'm wondering if this is where the button is ultimately meant to sit after a bit of use, or if I should get it fixed?

Upvote 0
I think my S3 may have done the same this morning. I am sure that the button previously stuck out, and gave a satisfying and reassuring click when pressed. Now it lies flush with the body of the phone. I'm wondering if this is where the button is ultimately meant to sit after a bit of use, or if I should get it fixed?

Same exact thing happened to me this afternoon. The button is completely flush with the screen, whereas this morning it stuck out a bit. It's more difficult to register a push now.

Upvote 0
hmmm...

I found a pic when unboxing and I don't think the button was ever protruding very much. If it changed it's very small. I'll still want to compare to my coworker's phone.

at unboxing (next to my droid incredible) then now (by itself). Keep in mind that it still had the screen protector on in the top picture.

IMG_3738.JPG

IMG_3750.JPG

Upvote 0
There's a difference between my coworker's home button and mine. It's subtle, but noticeable by touch. He noticed that the right side of my home button is more recessed than the left.

On my phone the bottom seems more recessed than the top. Not that big a deal to me unless the home button stops working. Hopefully it doesn't recess any more.

Upvote 0
My dad has the blue one and I have the white. When we got them 2 days ago his was flush whereas mine stuck up a little bit. Now mine is almost flush on the right side and sticks up a little on the left. I'm guessing it will be just like dad's in a few weeks.

Hopefully this won't affect usability too much. If it breaks I'm going to be very disappointed.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones