• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Home button switched the home page

wireyourworld

Feb 10, 2013
My home button used to bring me to the center, main screen on my phone. Out of nowhere it seems, it now brings me to the second to the last screen on the right, screen 6. NOT where I expect it to be, it used to be screen 4. I have 7 screens. The one it now defaults to has the music player on it, not sure if that's indicative of anything.

Also, when I install a new app, it used to place them on the far left screen, screen 1. Now it puts them on screen 6.

Any ideas how to fix? I have S voice off.

I am assuming you are using the default TouchWiz launcher.

Simply pinch the home screen and you will enter the home screen manager for TouchWiz. This will allow you to set the default home screen as well as add/remove home screens.

On the upper right corner of each home screen you will notice a little box with an icon of a house. The one that is highlighted blue will be the default home screen. To change the default, simply press the box with the icon of the house in it. It will highlight blue to signify that it will be the new default home screen. A small notification box will also inform you about the change.

As for new apps, if a home screen has run out of space, the shortcut will be placed in the next available home screen that has space for it.

Reactions: wireyourworld
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones