Home button

Last Updated:

1. lxy33

lxy33 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

When I press on the home button lightly a "complete action using" option comes up and tells me to choose either A.HOME or B. TwLauncher

What does this mean? And why is it showing up? I haven't noticed this until today--I now have to choose one when I press on the home button... advice?!!!?!

Advertisement
  2. troydf

troydf Member

From what I understand, Home is the native Android launcher, and TwLauncher is the TouchWiz launcher that comes with the Epic. I would choose TwLauncher as the default since it is better than the stock Android launcher.

3. lxy33

Thanks! So it's stuck? I LOVE the TwLauncher--

How do you choose for that to be your default and not have to always choose?

4. troydf

troydf Member

If you ever want to change from one to the other, go to Settings -> Manage Applications, then press Menu key -> Filter, choose All. Scroll down to which ever one is the current default (Home or TwLauncher) and select. Then click on 'Clear defaults'. The next time you press the Home button, you will prompted to choose Home or TwLauncher again, and you can pick a new default.

5. troydf

troydf Member

Just make sure that you check off the Set as Default option when it prompts you to chose when you press the Home key.

6. lxy33

AWESOME!!!!

I just tried it and it worked! yay! Thanks! ;0 )

7. dbman

dbman New Member

I have a similar problem, but setting the default doesn't stick.

I click the "Use by default for this action", the check mark turns green, then I select TwLauncher. The next time I click the Home button, it asks me the same question again.

I then cleared the default under application settings, and went through the same process. It worked for a few hours, then started prompting me again for which launcher.

Any suggestions?

8. gamexdragon

gamexdragon Member

the simplest fix usually is to just restart your phone and reapply the setting if it's not already in place