• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Home Buttons Randomly Illuminate while sleep

nyngbld

Apr 8, 2010
all four of the buttons on the phone turned on out of no where this morning. i have it on my desk at work and it caught my eye as soon as they turned on. phone was sleeping. turned it on, no new messages, emails, calls, etc. any idea why they would randomly illuminate??

Mine's done this a couple of times too. It's only for a second, so I don't really care. Interested to know if there's a reason or if it's just a bug though.

did it go off by itself then? I let phone sit for a bit, then took it out of sleep to check if i got new emails, etc. oddly enough when i took phone out of sleep they remained illuminated until i put it back to sleep mode; i am in a brightly illuminated office.. the buttons are never illuminated here in office.

Upvote 0
This has happened to me too. I was confused as to what the hell was going on.. but I figured it wasn't a big deal

i am hoping its something that can be addressed with an update. i see strange illumination behavior with these buttons. i really wish you could set it to always on\off when phone is not sleeping; or at least some sort of customization options...

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones