Home Buttons Randomly Illuminate while sleepSupport

Last Updated:

1. nyngbld

nyngbld Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

all four of the buttons on the phone turned on out of no where this morning. i have it on my desk at work and it caught my eye as soon as they turned on. phone was sleeping. turned it on, no new messages, emails, calls, etc. any idea why they would randomly illuminate??

Advertisement
  2. Liquoredolce

Liquoredolce Well-Known Member

Mine's done this a couple of times too. It's only for a second, so I don't really care. Interested to know if there's a reason or if it's just a bug though.

3. nyngbld

did it go off by itself then? I let phone sit for a bit, then took it out of sleep to check if i got new emails, etc. oddly enough when i took phone out of sleep they remained illuminated until i put it back to sleep mode; i am in a brightly illuminated office.. the buttons are never illuminated here in office.

4. Vihzel

Vihzel Destroying Balls Everyday VIP Member

Ghosts love the Droid Incredible!

5. Liquoredolce

Liquoredolce Well-Known Member

I never really pay attention, but yeah mine went off by themselves after a second or two.

6. bwthor

bwthor Well-Known Member

I noticed mine did the same thing last night. It wasn't plugged in, it was just sitting there on my stand. I assumed it may be related to an incoming email or something.

7. necosino

necosino Well-Known Member

I have noticed this too. My guess is when something is syncing. The screen even comes on at midnight when it sync's time with the verizon network.

8. nyngbld

i have mobile web and wifi off at work... odd, this is the first i have seen. i like the ghost comment!

9. woop

woop novacane (OFWGKTA) VIP Member

This has happened to me too. I was confused as to what the hell was going on.. but I figured it wasn't a big deal

10. nyngbld

i am hoping its something that can be addressed with an update. i see strange illumination behavior with these buttons. i really wish you could set it to always on\off when phone is not sleeping; or at least some sort of customization options...