Home key woesSupport

Last Updated:

1. tasmanian

tasmanian Member This Topic's Starter

Occasionally when I hit the home button. Instead of going to the home screen it brings up a search menu, as if I hit the search button instead.

Any ideas as to why this is happening?

Advertisement
  2. thegt

thegt Member

Mine as been doing this too and after some messing with it I think it has something to do with how hard you press the keys. It dosent take much for those keys to register your touching them so try being a little lighter. Also I tryed the menu and back key, if you press on those hard enough it will do the samething.

3. myrv

myrv Well-Known Member

I think that is on a phone by phone basis because my phone doesn't register a light touch. If I touch the bottom keys lightly I often have to retouch them several times.

4. CaCHooKa Man

CaCHooKa Man Well-Known Member

Try sliding down on the button. More often times than not, just tapping on the key doesn't register or causes the button next to it to be selected.

5. PMR

PMR New Member

I just got my Captivate a couple days ago, and I'm having the same issues. When I hit the back button and the home button the search screen comes up. It's kinda frustrating me.

6. BigCiX

BigCiX Well-Known Member

My back button literally took me 5 tries sometimes to recognize my touch. Ended up getting a different phone. Now this one lags big time!!!

7. PMR

PMR New Member

Thanks Cachooka Man, my problem seems to be solved by sliding down on the keys and not pressing as hard.