Home/Multimedia dock opening randomlySupport

Last Updated:

1. westau

westau Member This Topic's Starter

My girlfriend and I both got Droid 2's on launch day and she has been having an issue today that she called me to complain about but I haven't seen it happen yet myself. I am hoping someone can help with my description of it, if not I will come back later with a more thorough description. Basically what she said is happening is randomly every time she tries to unlock the phone to read a text message or something a notification pops up and says something like you are connecting to the home/multimedia dock and then the dock pulls up. She closes it and then it wants to open itself up again. Has anyone else had this happen and know what causes it or how to fix it?

Advertisement
  2. jradicle11

jradicle11 That Guy VIP Member

I've never heard of this, but you could always try a factory reset?

3. westau

Apparently it was happening because of a magnet in the purse she had last night. She said once it wasn't around that anymore the problem stopped happening.

4. jradicle11

jradicle11 That Guy VIP Member

Aren't magnets really bad for the screen?

5. westau

I don't know, and it wasn't like she had a magnet up against the phone, I think her purse just had a small magnet to keep the flap closed or something, it was just that the phone was within a few inches of it that it messed up the application for some reason. Maybe there is a magnet in the car dock or something that helps it realize that is what it is in.

6. defkorn

defkorn Well-Known Member

Magnets are used to switch to the dock mode, many people had this issue with the droid 1 and magnetic clips on belt holsters. Nothing unusual or bad, just try to keep it away from magnets.

7. dadunston

dadunston Member

I've noticed this issue with my droid 2 and a Body glove belt clip case. Its very annoying. Should I get rid of this case (is it doing damage to my phone?)

8. RJT185

RJT185 VIP Member VIP Member

"Back In The Day" yes, if you got your speakers close to your TV you'd get a green smudge. I believe tech improvements since make it so screens are not susceptible or at least "degauss" themselves.

9. infil

infil Well-Known Member

i had the exact problem on my d1! I"M NOT INSANE!!!!!!

The techs at verizon did just about everything they could think of on my d1, ended up being the magnet in my holster kicking it into car dock when the phone was unlocked.

The random unlocking however was due to a defective lock button hehe.