• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Home/Multimedia dock opening randomly

westau

Lurker
Aug 11, 2010
My girlfriend and I both got Droid 2's on launch day and she has been having an issue today that she called me to complain about but I haven't seen it happen yet myself. I am hoping someone can help with my description of it, if not I will come back later with a more thorough description. Basically what she said is happening is randomly every time she tries to unlock the phone to read a text message or something a notification pops up and says something like you are connecting to the home/multimedia dock and then the dock pulls up. She closes it and then it wants to open itself up again. Has anyone else had this happen and know what causes it or how to fix it?

I don't know, and it wasn't like she had a magnet up against the phone, I think her purse just had a small magnet to keep the flap closed or something, it was just that the phone was within a few inches of it that it messed up the application for some reason. Maybe there is a magnet in the car dock or something that helps it realize that is what it is in.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones