home panelSupport

1. nebler

nebler Well-Known Member

Hi, I have 5 panels set up, inc the Google now panel, and was wondering if it can be set so the middle panel shows when the home button is pressed?

Or will it always be the far left panel?

And yes, I've said "panel" a lot, lol

Advertisement
    :
  2. shelliewnj

shelliewnj Well-Known Member

From what I understand, it's always the far left panel
  3. Gatman

Gatman Well-Known Member

My research turned up the same answer shelliewnj posted above. This is messing with my anal-retentive tendencies (and maybe a touch of OCD).

Many of my wallpapers are set up so they are centered when the home screen is in the middle. For example, I have one of a planet in outerspace with stars around it. On the N5, the planet is off to the right because the wallpaper has the planet centered. So on my old RAZR Maxx, I had 5 panels and the middle one was the "home" one. Everything lined up nicely. On the N5, the planet is partially cut off on the right side because it's centering it on the panel to the right of the home screen.

Grrrr. I guess I'll need to edit these to chop off part of the left side to try and line it up. Anyone have any suggestions on dimensions? Will it depend on how many panels I set up (I'm thinking it might)? I've selected a patterned wallpaper in the meantime, since that doesn't have a definite middle and it works fine.

Thanks,

Gary
  4. critcher

critcher Well-Known Member

You could try a different launcher. Apex or Nova are both very good, with loads of customization options.
  5. Rxpert83

Rxpert83 Dr. Feelgood Moderator

Yup, that would give you the old launcher style you're used to. However, you'll love google now integration of the launcher as well as the OK google hotword listening
  6. nebler

nebler Well-Known Member

Yeah don't really want to install a new launcher just yet. Guess I'll get used to the new system. Thanks.