Home Replacement Default....

1. Madwolf27

Madwolf27 Well-Known Member

I posted this before, but I thought it was a LauncherPro issue. It's not, it's ANY home replacement.

Using LauncherPro OR ADW Launcher or any other home replacement I continuously lose the "default" status for the home. Installed homeswitcher as well, and set the default. Did no good. It stays for a few minutes or so, sometimes only a few seconds, sometimes like an hour or so, but sooner or later when I hit the home button I get a menu rather than the home screen. I THOUGHT it was a software issue, but I have done 3 factory resets (Not just because of this but there was ANOTHER bug with an app I was ferreting out) and it has changed nothing. It's quite annoying and I would like to fix it if possible. Anyone else having this problem?

Advertisement
    :
  2. behold_this

behold_this Well-Known Member

well i can tell you for sure it is not all slides as i myself use lp exclusively and most folks on xda swear by adw, which i have also used without issue. i never had any trouble setting the defaults and frankly this is the first time i personally have heard anyone have this issue. there has got to be something wrong/corrupt in your settings/files. do another factory reset but this time uncheck "back up my data and settings" in the privacy menu, within the settings menu. if you don't do this the corrupted settings/files will be restored as well and the reset will be useless. also its not necessary but you should clear the htc sense default through "manage applications" first when installing your new launcher just for redundancy.

On a side note: I even have the home button set in lp...press it to go to default homescreen from any screen (even apps of course) and if you press it while already on the default homescreen it brings up the homescreen selection screen, long press the home button and it brings up recently used apps menu. it never asks to set default again. It will ask to set the default again any time you update the launcher app, however, but you know to expect that so no bigs.
    Madwolf27 likes this.
  3. Madwolf27

Thanks, I will try it again. Gah, I HATE resetting my phone lol.
  4. behold_this

behold_this Well-Known Member

let us know how it goes...good luck
  5. Madwolf27

Did as advised. It seemed to be better... for a little while. Actually went about a day w/o getting the menu, then... right back to where I was before. *sigh*

Sense is *ok* but so much is intergrated (sp? Integrated?) in the dock bar with LP and I miss the drag and hold to uninstall.
  6. John Bean

John Bean Happy Wanderer Guide

FWIW I have exactly the same problem with my Milestone, so its unlikely to be device specific. I found this thread while looking for a fix, it's really irritating :-(

I'll continue my search. If I find anything I'll post it back here.
  7. sundownerbrad

sundownerbrad Member

Has anyone ever found a solution? I can't get the home button to stay on default. I've searched every thread I could find... nothing. It gets REALLY aggravating when you don't have the time to futz around with it.
  8. jimczyz

jimczyz Well-Known Member

I'm thinking it has to be some app that's installed as My slide and the 3 family members with slides never have that problem. My son and I use LP my wife used ADW and my daughter uses Go launcher and the default stays after it is checked. Might want to uninstall apps one at a time and see if it stops.