home replacement question.

Last Updated:

1. Joehunni

Joehunni Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

So I tried out a home replacement called launcherpro and I really want to use it as my new default. My question is, while using this new home instead of sense, would it be ok to kill sense with taskiller to free up memory, I've done this a few times but I've realized that occasionally sense will start back up when I'm looking at taskiller and then I just kill it again? Any input would be greatly appreciated.

Advertisement
  2. Drazil

Drazil Well-Known Member

You need to go into Settings > Applications > Manage Applications > HTC Sense and clear the defaults (don't clear the data or cache as this will reset all of your scenes). After it's cleared then press the home key and you will be prompted to choose which program to use for that action. Check off the default box and choose LauncherPro. That should keep Sense from launching at all.

3. Joehunni

Joehunni Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

well I've done all that and sometimes I will open up taskiller and see that sense is running again, I know that sense is more than just a home screen so I'm assuming some apps are causing it to reopen.