Home saves Widgets, folders, but not shortcuts

Last Updated:

1. _Trev

_Trev New Member This Topic's Starter

I recently rooted my Epic 4G following this guide: joeykrim-SDX - Permanent Root for Epic (and Verizon Fascinate) - Confirmed

I then went ahead and removed some of the "bloatware" applications using this guide here: [GUIDE] How to Remove Pre-Installed Apps for FREE - xda-developers

I did successfully root my phone, and the applications I removed are no longer there, but now the shortcuts that can be placed in the Home (or any section) no longer remain after I shutdown the phone. Widgets and Folders on the other hand do get saved by the phone and remain after a reboot.

Is there something that I may have removed that shouldn't have been? and if so is it easy to recover?

Would a custom ROM fix this situation? Or is there a program that I can use to restore all the default applications (without un-rooting).

Thanks for any help,
    Trev

(would doing a hard reset fix the issue? If so I'll just save my pictures and do that!)

EDIT: just realized how many questions are in this post ^_^

Advertisement
  2. allacar59

allacar59 Member

I am having the same problem with dropped shortcuts from the home and extended pages whenever I power off. I have done nothing to root the phone. Any help would be appreciated

3. jayford00

jayford00 Active Member

I've yet to find a solution that works/fixes the problem but I've been having the same issue. After going through 5 different phones I finally realized that it was happening when I sign into my gmail account. Setting up a different account I was able to turn the phone off and on with no problems. Obvious problem with this.... Losing the apps I had paid for and not having my email pushed to the phone. But that's the only way I've found to get around the home screens resetting on power down. I've just learned to live the inconvenience and try not to turn my phone off unless I have to.