Home scene changesSupport

Last Updated:

1. Musky

Musky Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I set up custom home screens and saved the scene. But every time I turn the phone on, it opens up with the generic scene that first came on the phone.

I have to go into "scenes" everyday and choose my custom one. Is there a way to set the Inc to use a custom scene as "default"? :confused:

Advertisement
  2. DroidAV8R

DroidAV8R Well-Known Member

I had an issue with scenes as well. After I saved my first custom setup, all of the settings on the HTC Scenes (the ones that are pre-set and supposedly are not able to be permanently changed) changed (lay-out, wall paper, etc.). VZW couldn't figure it out, so they transferred me to HTC. HTC couldn't explain it either but suggested a hard reset. I did it, and everything seems fine since. Have you tried a reset?

3. Musky

No, haven't tried that yet. Will I lose the hours of customization and downloaded apps. that I've done since setting up the phone?

4. DroidAV8R

Unfortunately, yes.

5. gamul1

gamul1 Well-Known Member

I see the same thing some times. Every once in a while when I exit some app - the back ground of the scene has changed. The apps on my screens seem the same, just the back ground has changed.

I now have a good scene and when this happens I can just switch back. But annoying.

6. DroidAV8R

Interesting. With my issue, the phone would tell me that it was saving the changes to a new custom location, but would not save at all. Then, it would default back to a preset scene, which in turn was drastically altered from its initial setting. Very strange, but has not happened since my hard reset.

7. timcreech

timcreech Member

Same here. I have several custom scenes, but can't find a way to set one as the default

8. DroidInJax

DroidInJax Well-Known Member

I'm having the same issue!!!

9. timcreech

timcreech Member

is there a scene manager app? I am having the same problem. I reboot and I get a different scene that the one that I had prior to the reboot.

I would like to save my custom scene as the default scene that is applied upon a reboot.

10. Musky

In my case, I switched from the "live wallpaper" to a picture I have as a wallpaper, now when I start the phone, it goes right to my custom desktop.

I assume it doesn't save the ones with live wallpaper. :confused:

11. gamul1

gamul1 Well-Known Member

Depends on how you define "save". I can save my scene and if I need to I can reload it and it is exactly as I saved it. But every once in a while the back ground changes and only the back ground - to some non live wall paper.

It seems to me this happens whenever my battery is getting particularly low. It also does it when I completely shut off the phone and then restart. But I can always reload the "saved" scene.

12. Musky

Your're right, you can "Manually" save them and reload, but I don't feel you should have to. I was referring to the phone "saving or remembering" your scene and loading it at start up. And as I said, mine does as long as the scene does not include live wallpaper.

13. thead73

thead73 Member

this phone sucks. every time i add a folder or anything on one of the 7 screens u cant save it to your current scene, it makes a new custom scene and u have to save that one and give it a name. how do u save everything u add to the phone under the current scene u are on. this is driving me nuts:confused:. the phone should automatically save anything u add to the current scene u are in. any body know how to save things on this phone. i loose everthing i add every day and have to put it back on

14. ctxx24

ctxx24 Well-Known Member

Trade it in for a Samsung Knack it has a nice black and white front screen:D

15. kogorman

kogorman Member

When you save your new "custom" scene - just name it as the scene that you want to replace. It will prompt you if you want to save over the other one, then say yes

16. thead73

thead73 Member

so i need to save it every time i add a folder, shortcut,icon or move something. that would be 10 times a day:confused:. the phone should remember changes automatically. there must be a setting somewhere. if u turn off phone u just lost everything u added or changed since your last save! somebody help me here i cant believe htc has made such a big mistake!

17. Mskgreenel

Mskgreenel Well-Known Member

^^ If I turn off or reboot my phone my scene is unchanged.....:rolleyes: I change my home screens like I change clothes. I rarely 'save' my scenes. I probably should in case I need to do an unexpected factory reset....

18. rabernet

rabernet Well-Known Member

How is that a mistake? When I make a change to a document on my PC, I have to save it, not just expect it to auto save. It's the same concept.

Yes, I forgot a few times to save changes, but now when I know I've made a change to my custom scene, I'll immediately go and save it to keep the new changes.

19. thead73

thead73 Member

now i have 4 custom 1 scenes how do i delete 3 of them.

20. kayst

kayst Well-Known Member

You only have to save it when you're going to change to another scene. Otherwise, it stays the same after a reboot.

21. jamesdean

jamesdean Well-Known Member

menu>settings>personalize>scenes>select custom scene>menu>delete

22. Musky

Yes, that's the way it's suppose to work, but on mine it does not if I have a "live wallpaper" background. It seems like it doesn't work that way for at least a few others who have posted either.

23. redworm

redworm Active Member

this is some BS btw