Support home screen gone 2.1

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by DougyJ, May 26, 2010.

1. DougyJ

DougyJ Active Member

Apr 13, 2010
    Navy IT
    Hawaii
    updated to official 2.1 rooted v.7 and recovery 3.0.8, home screen randomly goes missing, don't really know the cause of it. also have the beta custom rom builder on phone.

Advertisement

2. kevinrs

kevinrs Well-Known Member

Mar 2, 2010
    I've noticed this a couple of times recently, leaving a program, I get the wallpaper, and no icons, phone appears frozen. Also have had an open folder have it's window disappear, pressing the folder icon has no effect, as the OS knows it is open already.

running the official 2.1, not rooted, no recovery.

3. amberb53

amberb53 Well-Known Member

Nov 22, 2009
    I too have had this happen. Stock 2.1 running tag home. No root, no custom kernals.

4. Greavous

Greavous Well-Known Member

Jan 3, 2010
    Male
    Leather Wheel re-Skinner
    New Braunfels, Texas
    happened to me this morning when i was updating weather widget for the trillionth time. (why does a weather widget need to be updated twice a week?) All my screens were empty short of the live wall paper. I pulled the battery and got back going. I did have to re-load the weather widget however.

5. DougyJ

DougyJ Active Member

Apr 13, 2010
    Navy IT
    Hawaii
    just installed launcher pro definitely recommended hasn't shown any issues plus it makes my phone run even smoother which i don't get i think this is what the phone should have came with in the first place.