Home screen help.General

Last Updated:

1. Jmtegra

Jmtegra Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Well i just got my eris so i was experimenting with apps. I was reading a thread about Lockbot and decided to see what it was all about.. I messed with it for a few mins and decided i didn't like it so i uninstalled it. When i pushed the home button a menu pushed up that said something along the lines of "Home or Sence" (or something like that) and i chose sence because i was curious. Now my home screen is completely different and lost my custom scene. If anyone could help me change that back that would be great.

Advertisement
  2. Jmtegra

Jmtegra Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Posted by L0stS0ul

You can disable the Sense UI without uninstalling it or rooting the device (which to my knowledge is not yet possible as there are no roms).

To switch to the stock android home manually do:

1. Click Menu > Settings > Applications > Manage Applications.
    2. Scroll down until you find an application named "HTC Sense" and click on it.
    3. Scroll down to where you can see "Launch by default" and click on "Clear defaults".
    3. Then push the Home button (on your phone) and a dialog will pop up showing "Home" and "HTC Sense", check "Use by default for this action" and then click "Home". Now you got "Home" as default.

Just repeat the same process for "Home" to go back to the "HTC Sense" UI.

Alternatively you can use a program on the market place called "Home Switcher" to do this for you.

OK found this but the "Clear Default" is disabled and says "No Default Set" .. help me, no clue what i have done to my perfectly organized Eris :(