Home screen icon help!Support

Last Updated:

1. l3ryan77

l3ryan77 Member This Topic's Starter

So for the life of me I can't figure this out?

I will download an application add it to the homescreen and all will be fine for a random amount of time (sometime days sometimes hours), and then the icon will change as well as the name of the app. For instance Swift this morning changed from the Swift icon, to the white paper with gear icon. The app itself still works but the icon changed. I have to un install and re install it, in order to correct the issue every time.

Also Handcent seems to have this issue as well? Not only will the icon change to an orange triangle but the name changes as well. Something like .com handcent ..... (sorry can't remember the rest). And once again I need to un install and re install to correct the issue.

Can someone help me figure this out?

Advertisement
  2. Caddyman

Caddyman Well-Known Member

handcent had a known issue on a certain build that when everyone upgraded it botched the icon. he updated the app and it seems fine now.

idk about swift although oddly enough i just installed it like 10 minutes ago. i will throw it on my homescreen and see what happens.

overall though i think this is more of a app thing then a phone/hardware/os thing.

3. l3ryan77

l3ryan77 Member This Topic's Starter

Thanks for the fast answer :)

It just irritates me that it keeps happening? I also forgot to add ES file explorer does it as well.