Home screen is scrolling automatically!Support

Last Updated:

1. ned4spd8874

ned4spd8874 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I'm afraid to bring this up as I suspect I might be headed for a replacement phone, but...

For the last week or so, I've noticed my phone seems to be scrolling to the left automatically. The home screen will scroll as well as if I'm in the market for example and trying to enter a search term, the blinking cursor will move to the left.

It's more of an annoyance than anything else. The phone still works great, but I'm worried that it might turn into something bigger.

Advertisement
  2. iowabowtech

iowabowtech root@android:/ #

Clean the heck out of your trackpad button and the surrounding area. I had a similar thing happening several weeks ago and that cured it. Worth a shot anyway.

3. ned4spd8874

Thanks, but already tried that. :(

4. andreezy

andreezy Well-Known Member

+1. This worked perfectly for me the couple times it's happened. I'd depress the button and either blow a short burst of canned air, and magically the scrolling stops for a couple more weeks...

5. klyphf

klyphf Member

I had the same problem. Sometimes the icons would even light themselves up. Lived with it for a month. Tried everything I could think of to fix it. Finally, when 2.2 and a hard reset didn't fix it, I took it back to Verizon. They immediately agreed to replace it. Got a good refurb. Problem solved.

6. ned4spd8874

And this is what I'm afraid of...

7. sdrawkcab25

sdrawkcab25 Well-Known Member

You either have a dirty trackpad or a broken trackpad, so clean harder or get it replaced