Home Screen Moving by itself to NextSupport

Last Updated:

1. lvncowboy

lvncowboy Member This Topic's Starter

Ok Freaky, :eek: I place my phone down on the table within a few min the screens move from one to the other automatically whats up with this.. Its like a ghost here lol, No for real I swing my home pages all the way to the right within a few min they go back to the left... strange any ideas people whats causing this.. :confused:

Advertisement
  2. Phydeaux

Phydeaux Well-Known Member

A couple suggestions:
    Recalibrate the screen and check sensitivity level
    Perform an exorcism.

3. fortesquieu

fortesquieu Well-Known Member

Clean your track pad.
    It may be your light sensor, the first Dinc I receveid on 29th Apr had this issue, the light sensor was wonky, so it was flipping the homescreens in the dark.

4. jaybeewaybee

jaybeewaybee Well-Known Member

I have had the same problem for 6 months. Thanks for the tip about the trackball. That's definitely it. Did you have to replace the phone, or did you find a workaround? I just live with it.

5. DarbagDarbag

DarbagDarbag Well-Known Member

mine has this problem once in a while too.

i just live with it

6. bostontom

bostontom Member

return it now. i dealt with the same issue for 4 months (except it went to the left), trying every remedy you have/will see suggested here.

re-calibrate, factory reset, clean the track pad, clean the screen, ground yourself, wait for the froyo update, etc.

the toughest part was re-creating the phantom swipe in front of a verizon employee. about my third trip there, i got a young kid who actually had the phone and had the same issue, he immediately put me in for a replacement (remember, you have a 1 year warranty for defects like this).

if you dont want to return it, the only thing that worked was putting a piece of duct tape over the track pad.

7. klyphf

klyphf Member

I also had the same problem. Drove me insane for weeks until I returned it and got a refurb. Problem solved.