Home Screen Problems

Last Updated:

1. tlocke95

tlocke95 Member This Topic's Starter

My droid sometimes gets rid of all my apps and widgets that i have set up on my home screen. they will all come back if reboot but that is kind of a pain. Any one else having this problem

Advertisement
  2. publicanimal

publicanimal Well-Known Member

I have had that happen from time to time where my home screens just go blank and I have to reboot. If it happened frequently it would be a problem but it only happens to me maybe once a month. I can't remember if it's happened to me since updating to 2.1 or not.

3. grainysand

grainysand Well-Known Member

Are you using a task killer?

4. peanut695

peanut695 New Member

Hi all,

I have visited this site often since getting my Droid in November 09. I'm amazed at what I have learned from this site. There many very knowledgeable and helpful members here. Thank you to all of you !!!

The OP of this thread is my son. He has only had his Droid for a few weeks (post 2.1 OTA).

He showed me his disappearing icon issue a couple of times. I just told him that he probably installed an app that is resulting in his phone having this problem. I then told him that mine has never done that before. He said that he thought it started after installing either Handcent or Helix. I told him to come to this site and see what you all thought.

Well, imagine my surprise a few days later when I removed my phone from my dock and all MY icons were gone. I couldn't believe it. It has since happened two more times (since Thursday).

I do not have a screen replacement app or Handscent. The only app I've installed recently is Bump which was done at my son's insistence? This is one of the only apps that we both have installed (other than the stock ones).

Also, up until two weeks ago I was using Advance Task Killer religiously but stopped using it after reading in another thread that I may see better phone performance without it. Honestly, I'm not sure I saw any difference during the past two weeks other than this home screen disappearing issue. My son does use the task killer app.

So, not sure if the issue is being caused by Bump, or task killer, or 2.1 OTA or some other unknown issue. It is very frustrating though and why now after 5 months?

I will note that both of our phones have the weather/news widget that 2.1 offered on the home screen. I really like this widget but will remove it for a few days to see what happens.

Not really any questions in this post just me making observations and rambling on. Been stalking for several months so I figured my first post should be wordy.

Droid still rules in my opinion

Brian

5. GMANLIVE

GMANLIVE Active Member

I am having this same issue and I think it has something to do with the dock. I seem to have to reboot the Droid to get them back

6. N2o

N2o Active Member

This happens to me CONSISTANTLY after a fresh reboot.

Almost like clock work, within 2-3 minutes of being rebooted and switching out of an app my home screen is gone.

A few reboots later it finally stops disappearing for a few days before it happens again.

This all started happening with the most recent version of Advanced Task Killer and Handcent SMS.

Anyone?

7. Trel

Trel Well-Known Member

I've had it happen a few times. However, you don't have to reboot. If you go to the app list in settings and find Home, you can kill it and it'll bring it back.

8. ChotoBoy

ChotoBoy Active Member

Do you guys have any game emulators on your phones? My phones launcherwas force closing and i uninstalled them and good as new