• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Home Screen Redraws/Flickerng with default LG launcher

Tom Vaeerrrrr

Feb 24, 2015
Hello, does anyone else experience redraws (widget/app flickering/reloading) when coming out of the lock screen? It happens to me on occasion and it's super annoying. It usually only happens when I am not home and I am roaming around and what not. I don't know what causes it or how to fix it but if any one else can help me with it I would greatly appreciate it. I do not like any other launchers really because they disable unread count badges.

To explain it more thoroughly.. I'm basically saying when I come out of the lock screen and enter the home screen sometimes my widgets will flicker away and come back really quick. It's pretty damn annoying and I'm hoping someone else has a solution for it.

(LG Volt, Boost Mobile, Default Launcher, Not Rooted/No ROMS)

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I will test out Greenify and report back. I don't think I want to run 2 activity control apps at the same time.
There wouldn't be any conflicts. BatteryGuru restricts when apps are allowed to do stuff, while Greenify completely shuts them down. Without root you will have to manually activate Greenify though. BatteryGuru works automatically.

Upvote 0
There wouldn't be any conflicts. BatteryGuru restricts when apps are allowed to do stuff, while Greenify completely shuts them down. Without root you will have to manually activate Greenify though. BatteryGuru works automatically.

BatteryGuru is telling me that I need to activate location services for it to work but I really like keeping location services off

Last edited:
Reactions: Murf1
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones