Home screen reloading - too many widgets?General

Last Updated:

1. thrawn86

thrawn86 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

My home screen has recently been trying to reload itself after a moderate amount of activity on the phone.

simply loading reader or my6sense + opera/dolphin and then hitting home again causes all my widgets/icons to disappear and then slowly reload one by one, similar to exiting out of a memory-hungry game on a PC.

I've noticed beautiful home is the worst offender, sometimes taking 10-20 seconds to fully reload and for the screen to be responsive again.

Getting rid of BH on my homescreen seems to help, but then again maybe I need to take it easy with the widgets. I've got 5 on my lockscreen alone.

Advertisement
  2. Frisco

Frisco =Luceat Lux Vestra= VIP Member

Yeah, you may have your screens too loaded up, thrawn.

Hopefully you're not running a task killer. If so, I recommend tossing it.

It'd be an easy test just to start from scratch; empty those screens and reboot (perhaps even going into menu > settings > applications > manage applications and clearing cache's prior to the reboot).

Then set up your screens again a few widgets at a time, taking it over several days of use with each small change to see how things are going and watching for anomalies.

Taking the trouble to do those things can really help a user to find out what's up with their device's unusual behaviors.

The Eris is a smaller CPU run device; it can only take so much. ;)

thrawn86 likes this.
  3. thrawn86

no Task killers, but what about spare parts memory management? I just have it set on whatever the default it.

I guess I did go a bit crazy when I bought widget locker...

4. thrawn86

I got a different response in the UI thread, that its possibly one widget in particular causing lag.

I got rid of my6sense, GV, and last.fm widgets and added in pandora. everything is much faster now, and unlocking while streaming doesn't take 5 seconds anymore. I have a hunch that it was the GV widget since others have had problems with it.

5. meanm50

meanm50 Well-Known Member

Glad you got it figured out. All Eris' are different, but they should all be able to rock widgets on every screen with no issues.