Home Screen Space Saver w/ Time & WeatherTips

Last Updated:

1. kriskmk

kriskmk Well-Known Member

I have always been a little uncomfortable with the HTC widget on the home screen that took a large 2x4 block (2 rows x 4 columns) out of the home screen to display the time and weather.. especially because I wanted a few more apps to be displayed on my home screen that I regularly use..

So I removed the HTC clock widget that displayed the large 4x4 clock and weather and instead dropped the HTC clock widget that is 1x2 (5 of the 12 choices available in that widget).. and the HTC weather widget right next to it (or even below it).. which is also a 1x2 size..(choice 3 of 3 in that widget)..

so I basically get the same information with regards to time and weather..and I also end up saving 1 row, which can be filled with 4 additional apps.

Another tip: Instead of using the HTC favorites widget to peg your favorite people to call a touch away.. use the shortcut/add person to peg them on screen. The favorite widget takes a lot more space especially when you don't fill it up.

Just thought I'll share this info.

labboypro likes this.
  2. sabrewings

sabrewings Well-Known Member

I've done this for a while, but you lose the full screen animations which I happen to like.
  3. kriskmk

u are taking about the weather animation? that only happens when you wake up your display right? I always thought the weather animation got in my way of getting to my app or email (for which I was waking up the phone).
  4. sabrewings

sabrewings Well-Known Member

As soon as I touch the screen the animation would disappear, so it isn't in the way... Like I said, I like it.
  5. kriskmk

good for you then. I don't like it as much.
  6. Nick The Great

Nick The Great Well-Known Member

This is what I do on mine!
  7. Heelfan71

Heelfan71 Well-Known Member

Or install Beautiful Widgets and use the "Smaller Home" widget.
    JonBlue3 likes this.
  8. thematrix

thematrix Active Member

Good idea. Like having more things on the home screen so I dont have to flip back and forth. Thanks for the suggestion.
  9. Damien

Damien Active Member

I do this, coupled with beautiful weather...

10. JonBlue3

JonBlue3 Member

I use the "Smaller Home" widget too AND but use Launch-X Pro pro as well...the paid version allows for a 2x12 widget!!! If you don't like the small icon size, it's adjustablel. You can also use widget configs where there's scrollable pages in the widget!

Get Launch-X or Launch-X PRO if you want to save more space!!!
  11. labboypro

labboypro Member

Excellent repurposing of space. Just did this on my Inc. Thanks for the tip!
  12. chigins

chigins Well-Known Member

I use Multicon to get more on the home screen and still have my weather animation. I like the small icon size but it may not be for everyone. My wife doesn't like it.