Home Screen Wallpaper scrollingSupport

1. DaveSyd

DaveSyd Well-Known Member

On my old S2 when you set a wallpaper on the home screens the wallpaper used to scroll slightly from one side to the other when you went from Home page 1 across to home page 7 then jumped back when you scrolled back to one again (OS 4.0.4)

On the S4 when I grab a 1920x1080 wallpaper from the home, menu, set wallpaper and then navigating to my wallpaper folder, it only shows a fraction of the file zoomed in. It also does not scroll across the wallpaper image as you scroll the pages. Of the 1920x1080 image it seems to chop off the left third and use that. This is even after I maximise the crop tool area that pops up when you select it.

Does anyone know how to get the full image working, and if it's larger how to get it to scroll across? I thought S4 was capable of better graphics? I know there are many after market apps and lock and home screen modifiers but I am just trying to get the standard behaviour understood first.

Advertisement
    :
  2. Darnell0216

Darnell0216 Well-Known Member

I think someone said the standard behavior is no scrolling for some silly reason. The phone has to be modified (root with mod) or use a 3rd party launcher. I installed a launcher 5 minutes after using TouchWiz so I can't say, lol.