>>home screens for noobs<<

Last Updated:

1. tomhunter

tomhunter Active Member This Topic's Starter

troops, was wondering if anyone could be bothered to upload some shots of their homescreens. i trawled the other thread and im sick of all the fancy shit from the guys with rooted handsets etc.
    I'm a noob, and wana see sexy layouts and widgets that us mere mortals can cobble together.

(my screen is fairly standard -facebook, dolphin, mini info, power manager, NO TASK KILLER, htc post its, toggles etc. But there must be some cool stuff im missing out on.)

cheers

Advertisement
  2. SUroot

SUroot Well-Known Member Developer

That thread is mainly non rooted stuff

3. dasanman69

dasanman69 Well-Known Member

I would recommend Launcher Pro (highly customizable) and Beautiful Widgets to get your home screen truly unique as you can without installing a ROM.

4. LECTER

LECTER Well-Known Member

Also get Folder Organizer to customize your icons.

5. Evil Genius

Evil Genius Well-Known Member

"cool stuff" is quite personal way to look at things.

if you want or need an app or feature on your phone then taking time to work out what you want is the way to go.

if you want widgets or apps to suit your needs, no-one can tell you what you want. and i'm sure you're clever enough to search the forum and the market for them.

but be careful otherwise you fill your phone with crap you never use and then have a "problem" with the internal memory.

6. Eris Ed

Eris Ed Well-Known Member

To be honest, it doesn't really make a difference whether the phone is rooted or what ROM is being used, the same widgets, wallpapers and customization options are available to any Desire. There are small things that you can only get after rooting, like the circle battery icon in the Notifications bar, otherwise it makes no difference. All the Homescreens I posted on that other thread were done using a non-rooted phone running the stock Orange branded ROM, and there's not really anything I could do differently if I'm rooted.

7. tomhunter

tomhunter Active Member This Topic's Starter

thanks guys, it seems launcher pro/ beautiful widgets etc are the tools im looking for. any news on whether we will be getting paypal lined up 4 app payment?

8. Eris Ed

Eris Ed Well-Known Member

Yeah, LauncherPro and Beautiful Widgets are my main apps for creating a personalised look. Also use WidgetLocker for custom lock screen. Most widgets, like AudioManager, SwitchPro and Weatherbug (to name just 3 of many!) allow you to change the background, text colour, font. etc etc etc.

chef_adrian likes this.
  9. jamiemshaw

jamiemshaw New Member

+1 for Launcher Pro and Beautiful Widgets. I have to admit I was a little intimidated by the amount of customisation options you have with the two paired together but once you get into it you'll find a whole bunch of stuff easily online to get your screens lookin' mighty pretty :)

Mine: Not the prettiest or most inventive but I like it just fine

[​IMG]