home screens keep movingSupport

Last Updated:

1. fred2099

fred2099 Member This Topic's Starter

My seven home screens will move without me touching the screen. If I hit the home button and move or tilt the phone the screens will keep moving from one to the other. It does not do it all the time but is very annoying when it does do this. Also If I put it in sleep mode and than wake it, the screen to the left of the home screen appears. This if even if I put it to sleep with the home screen appearing last. Any suggestions?

Thanks!!

Advertisement
  2. teufeltexan

teufeltexan Well-Known Member

Are you using stock Sense UI or a home replacement?

Either way, first thing I'd do is calibrate the G-Sensor...

(Settings > Sound & Display > G-Sensor Calibration)

Also try turning off the phone and cleaning the optical joystick pretty aggressively. Click it in and out a few times and wipe it with an alcohol q-tip, etc...

Lastly, do you have a screen protector in place? If so, try removing it and seeing if that fixes the problem. If so, then reinstall and try again (maybe even try a different brand).

3. liquidiieee

liquidiieee Member

I just had this problem start happening to me a few days ago. So far, all I can do to fix it is pull the battery and give it a few seconds before turning it back on. Even simply cycling the power doesn't work.

I'll try calibrating and see if that helps. Thanks for the tip!

4. windycity

windycity Well-Known Member

Aside from the G sensor (which would only seemingly matter if, as a feature, the home screen changed when you moved the phone [it's not a feature]) I think you're going to want to calibrate the touch screen or, as another poster said, it could be the optical trackball.

5. Mobius1

Mobius1 Member

I had the same problem, turns out it was the optical trackball being dirty from fingerprints. Use a soft cloth to wipe it off and see if that helps any.