Home screensSupport

Last Updated:

1. spatuluk

spatuluk Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I'm wondering what Home screens people are using with their X10 Minis..
    Are you sticking with the default?
    Is there a Home replacement that you prefer?
    Have you tried and hated a Home replacement?

At the moment, I'm really trying to like the default home screen, but I just can't get used to having only 1 widget per screen. It's OK for large widgets, but some widgets look really stupid on their own! Also, Sonys swipe method feels laboured. I wish they'd let us do a single big swipe to cross several screens in one go - it'd make the lack of screen space far less annoying. I do like the corner icons, though. :)

Advertisement
  2. pricey

pricey Member

Hello mate,

I use Helix Launcher, saves the battery alot as well as being sooo much better than the sony home screen, more customisation available and I get about another day out of the battery (3 days total, with mild use of SMS and calls and heavy use of music player) :D

(Make sure you get the "donut" version)

3. Devo1982

Devo1982 Well-Known Member

I use ADW Launcher - is the best I've tried

4. spatuluk

spatuluk Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I wanted to try Helix - the tales of improved battery life intrigue me! Unfortunately, it seems to have vanished from the market. :confused:

5. Devo1982

Devo1982 Well-Known Member

The donut version (Android 1.6) has gone from market but you can get it from here mate:

http://helixproject.ruqqq.sg/download.php?id=19

EDIT - the one thing to remember is to not reduce the number of desktop screen while Helix is set as the default homescreen. This can cause infinite loops with force closures and you will need to reset your phone to fix