Home, Search buttons & screen lock not working

1. araskin01

araskin01 Member

I have the Verizon Droid. Recently, my 'Home' & 'Search' buttons are not working; plus the screen lock no longer activates.

Essentially, when I am in an application, the Home button does not do anything. Also, when I push & hold the Home button, in an attempt to switch to an application, that also does nothing.

The search button does nothing at any time. When I push the power button to turn the screen on, it used to come up with the 'unlock' screen - this does not happen any more.

I've seen some posts that are similar to this, but thoser were quite awhle ago, and none seemed to have a resolution.
    Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.
    Thanks,
    - Alex

Advertisement
  2. Sp33d KiIIz

Sp33d KiIIz Member

Along the same lines, my droids four bottom buttons are randomly lighting up then going off. No matter what I do it always will do this they wont stay on, any help please, thanks in advance.

-tom
  3. araskin01

araskin01 Member

Additionally - and not sure if this is related - I am not receiving any incoming calls. When someone calls, they go straight to my voicemail (but they show up in my call log) ... I can make outgoing calls ... also, if I have made an outgoing call, I CAN receive an incoming call ... Thanks for any help!!
  4. vjr021

vjr021 Member

OMG - Someone help!!! My girl's phone is doing the same thing!!!!!!!!

SOmeone has to help us!!!!

The phone sends all calls right to VM. They show up in call log as incoming, but the phone never rang!

I call Verizon on it, and they had no help.

Lock button does not work.

Multimedia Dock does not work, only charge.

Home and search not working.

Glad I'm not alone...

Solution?????????????
  5. jmims

jmims Well-Known Member

You could always try a hard reset. If that doesn't work, I would just call Verizon for a replacement.
  6. vjr021

vjr021 Member

I had to hard reset.. Never found out what happened. Apparently it a VERY common issue with the droids. No one knows why.
  7. Deanie

Deanie Well-Known Member

This same thing happened to mine. I tried all kinds of reset methods, none worked. It ended when the charging port no longer worked. Ended up getting a replacement.
  8. sonyfan919

sonyfan919 Member

I updated some apps and then it turned off and when I turned it on that happend ?
  9. kidney swiper

kidney swiper New Member

Yeah my droid just started messing up the home button an search button does not respond the phone is stuck on silent mode an I can not receive any incoming calls, what should I do guys