Home UI app

Last Updated:

1. megabiteg

megabiteg Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Hello everyone, long time reader first time poster.

I have a Behold 2 (duh) and I was looking threw the Application Manager and found that there is a HOME UI app that's there but not active. Now I have GDE installed on my phone but even if I clear the default settings the HOME app isn't mentioned in the list when I press the home button.

Is there a way to activate this Home app over Twlauncher without root or loading other ROMs? or is that app another thing or is it just for libraries and formality that its placed there?

Thanks all, you guys are a great community!

Advertisement
  2. BH_MAN

BH_MAN Well-Known Member

There's No way to activate the old launcher, it's missing counter parts for it to work correctly.. It's mainly there for support regarding settings & File locations. By no means is it a stand alone launcher.

3. spiz

spiz Well-Known Member

Are you just trying to get rid of TouchWiz? If so, I know that Open Home (home replacement app that costs like $2.99) will get rid of it for you. Replacing TouchWiz alone is a great way to increase performance and speed.

4. megabiteg

megabiteg Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Thanks for the quick response guys!

Yea, I just got GDE like a week ago ($2.99 as well) and its working great and the themes, look is just great. So far I've managed to replace almost everything that the phone brings (I have Handcent SMS, GDE, Meridian Audio / Video player...) I'm not a great fan of TouchWiz (even though I thought I was going to be)... but I love the phone.

I haven't found a reason to root yet, but I do have a feeling I will be very soon. I would only like that a custom 1.6 or up ROM would be available because I just don't find much reason to root / load galaxy on my phone if I'll be stuck with 1.5 anyways, BUT, I do got to share my gratitude to everyone here and you BH_MAN for what your do in this community, Keep the good work.

For now all the custom apps will do for me, but I'll be looking forward to contribute in any way. I am a good software / hardware tester and I do some developing myself so, anything I could help out, throw it my way.

Thanks once again!

5. chadmd23

chadmd23 Well-Known Member

Try K9 for email.