Home wifi router.General

Last Updated:

1. allan156

allan156 New Member This Topic's Starter

Hello
    I would like a router which is known to work reliably with the G1.
    At present I have a "working" zoom x6 which I have had no problems using with other wifi devices, but I'm unable to connect for more than a few seconds when using my G1.

Anyone have any suggestions.

Thanks
    Allan.

Advertisement
  2. GODMODE

GODMODE Well-Known Member

I have connected without issue using linsys, dlinks, (voip models, vonage/tmo @ home) and others - though I have never tried a zoom.

3. biohazard53188

biohazard53188 Well-Known Member

Yes I have the same exact issue. It will say "remembered, not in range" at some points I can connect for about 15 seconds then it drops it.

4. Vintik

Vintik Member

I use my g1 with asus wl600g at home, it works without any problems

5. SK.

SK. Well-Known Member

I am now in a similar situation and it's bugging me.

I have just bought a new netgear router (my old one was netgear also but died)

The G1 just won't connect for some reason. I get the same message as above

Buggered if I can work out why though?

Laptop - connects (pc is cabled into the router)
    PSP - connects
    XBOX360 - connects
    Nokia N82 - Connects

T Mobile G1 - AAAARRRGGGHHHH bloody thing won't connect

I have been through everything but I just can't seem to find anything that will allow it to connect.

Any thoughts or suggestions? (there isn't a newer FW for the router available I have checked)

6. SK.

SK. Well-Known Member

Had a bit of time on my hands and I have got the wifi working again. after a bit of research around the net I have noticed that most of the people who have had the same trouble as me are using N or Pre N (Draft etc) routers it doesn't seem to matter on the manufacturer either as again D Link, Linksys and Belkin etc have been mentioned.

Simple to bloody fix also but a bit of a PITA, switch to B/G mode only (in other words not N compatible) and it bloody connected first time even though the router was broadcasting for all connection ranges. Many people have had to do this and they are now reporting success.

7. confuzed

confuzed New Member

I'm having the same issues connecting to a particular router, one provided by Tiscali UK. This router is only operating in B/G. I have previously been able to connect, but the router got reset and assigned itself a different channel. After that my G1 wouldn't detect the network at all. I selected "forget" hoping it would redetect but it didn't. Changing the channel manually didn't help.

Next I changed the SSID of the network and then the phone detected it, so I entered the WPA2 key. Now as soon as it tries to connect is switches to "out of range". Several minutes later it sees the network again, but every attempt to connect is the same. I've tried reseting the router, and rebooting the phone. Neither helped. This is really bugging me, this is by far the most important place for me to have Wifi access (the area has no cell coverage) and I just can't get the phone to connect now.

I'm debating about a full reset of the phone to see if that helps, due to the fact that I was able to connect until last week, before the channel changed.

I hope someone somewhere has some insight to this issue?

8. t3_chris

t3_chris New Member

I'm facing the same issue here. Any fix known?

Best Regards from Austria, chris

9. benmarvin

benmarvin Well-Known Member

I have problems from time to time with my D-Link. It will disconnect after the screen times out. Then when I try to reconnect, it will see it, I click to connect, and it will either disappear as "remembered, not in range" or it will just not connect. It's an intermittent problem, so I'm not sure what to do.
    Any ideas on what it could be?
    Any way to keep it connected even if the screen times out?

10. ex3145

ex3145 New Member

Okay I was having the same problem as everyone else... I have a Berklin and it is an 'N' but I have it broadcasting in compatibility mode for 'B' and 'G', however alot of the time it would not even see the network and when it did it would connect and then lose connection almost right away. I fixed it by changing the Bandwidth from 20/40 mhz to only show 20mhz, since doing that it connects fine.

11. my05

my05 Active Member

Hi,

I went from a NetGear wgu624 (A, B and G) router (worked with the G1 of course) to a NetGear WNR3500 (pre-n router) and haven't had any problems yet. I am running the wnr3500 att full speed (i.e 300mbit mode) and the connection to the g1 is rock solid.

Are you running the latest firmware for your routers? I believe that it can make a huge difference.

regards

Daniel

12. farazpcc

farazpcc New Member

Hi allan156 try black copper Router its very good. I am using it in my home and its working fine. The range of the router is also very good. Sometimes the devices dont connect due to droping of signals.