• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Homepage & App List Questions

Hi,

Just got my Galaxy S and very impressed with the performance, however I have a couple of questions:

Is there a way to increase the number of home pages? I had 7 on my HTC hero and only 4 on my Galaxy.

EDIT - Found it - press menu button, select edit :)

When I press the application button my list appears - if i uninstall an app, a blank space is left in the grid view - is there a way of removing the gap? Also can you get the grid view to display in alphabetical order? I also notice that there are 7 pages in the grid view, will this keep increasing if i keep adding applications?

Best regards,

Pete

You can have upto 7 homescreens.

Press menu and then edit - you can add/remove home screens.

You can drag app icons from screen to screen.

Go to apps and press menu and choose edit - you can drag icons from screen to screen.

Number of app pages will expand as you add more app though when you go to edit a blank page is available and dragging at least one icon on to it will mean it stays once the edit is finished.

Can't really help with the alphabetic order, though think I remember if you switch to list view and back again the app then are listed as you want.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones