• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Homescreen shortcuts w/o labels

Hello,
This may have been covered but if so, I can't find it.
Is there a way to set home screen shortcuts without labels? I think that would really clean things up when you have several.
Thanks

This seems like something you may be able to do with BetterCut, but I don't use that application. Maybe someone who does can confirm?

Upvote 0
with bettercut you cant remove them completely...... you can however edit them which means you can create a single blank space as the text...... when you do this instead of having a name below the icon youll just have a small gray circle below the icon..... not a perfect solution but looks much cleaner.....

or as someone mentioned you can use launcherpro and remove it completely..... I personally prefer the Sense launcher so I just did the bettercut method

Upvote 0
Desktop Visualizer (free)

Install It

Long press on home screen

Add Shortcut -> Desktop Visualizer

Then choose shortcut eg. App target
Choose icon can be the apps icon or your own icon
Then add text below icon (just don't enter any text)

*** Alternative Method ***

Install Launcher Pro (home screen replacement)
Options -> Apparenance -> Hide Text Labels.

This

Upvote 0
I don't mean to make this a zombie thread but I found this via google search trying to do the same thing. I have another method that I just figured out which may work better for some. The next time someone finds this thread they'll have another way.

I have Go Launcher EX installed. I suspect other home launchers may have the same function as well. When you long press on an app you get the option to rename it. If you delete the name completely its totally blank. No space required.

I figured out this was better (for me) because my installed theme adds a backdrop to app icons but not widgets. The methods mentioned above act as a widget which opens an app therefore the theme on my apps wouldn't apply.

Example 1: apps on homepage, with theme backdrop, labels deleted for all except "camera"
Example 2: showing effect of long press on camera app icon.

6591132339_07055d22c1.jpg

6591133261_f3c08094a4.jpg

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones