• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

honest opinion?!

mrdrh99

Aug 11, 2010
i'm super excited about the fact that i'm finally getting a droid x today (its on the fedex delivery truck!) However, i struggled with this decision...i was thinking of waiting untill next year to see if anything else caught my eye. I live in Raleigh, NC and since we aren't getting 4g right now (thats crazy considering that Athens GA is and not Raleigh??!!) So I decided to go with the X...any opinions on my decision? BTW upgraded from the D1

You're moving right along just fine in your decisions, it appears. From the Droid, a great phone, to the Droid X, a nice upgrade.

Hang in there, take your time with each choice you've made for a long while. No matter what comes along, you've got one of the very best heading your way on the truck.

Besides, next year's Best Phone of All Time will be over shadowed the following year. ;)

Reactions: mrdrh99
Upvote 0
raleigh "technically" has 4g. i know its very hit or miss, but its there haha. I think frisco hit the nail on the head...no matter what phone you get, there will always be something new on the horizon. If you want for the next phone to come out, then youll just be waiting for the one after that. The DX is a kickass phone and more than capable of anything youre likely to throw at it.

Upvote 0
i'm super excited about the fact that i'm finally getting a droid x today (its on the fedex delivery truck!) However, i struggled with this decision...i was thinking of waiting untill next year to see if anything else caught my eye. I live in Raleigh, NC and since we aren't getting 4g right now (thats crazy considering that Athens GA is and not Raleigh??!!) So I decided to go with the X...any opinions on my decision? BTW upgraded from the D1

I live in Raleigh too, and from my understanding, the only carrier that has "4G" right in the area is Sprint. My friend works at Verizon Business and he said he hasn't heard anything about Verizon 4G coming here anytime soon (even tho there's a huge Verizon corporate site in RDU). If I wasn't stuck with AT&T I would've gotten the Droid X as well. Verizon seems to have really good coverage in the area.

Upvote 0
I think most people struggle with desiding if they should buy now or wait. I'm of the opinion that there will always be something better inthe future, so if you plan on waiting you'll be waiting forever. You made a great choice with the DX. You also made a great choice in this forum as there are lots of really smart people here who are more than happy to help you with any questions you have.

Enjoy your new phone.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones