• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Honest opinions on your Fascinates Battery Life!

I am on PowerWashed Gingerbread rom. I experienced very short battery life for a while but then installed and learned how to use JuiceDefender. Works great. I also installed and use the Battery Calibration App. I can leave my data turned off but set JuiceDefender to turn it on periodically to check email, sync with weather apps, etc. I also had WidgetLocker set to easywake mode and found out that the screen was turning on while in the leather belt case due to vibration or pressure on the volume rocker. I am now getting about triple the battery life I had been getting. For instance, right now Battery status is at 72% after 7 1/2 hours since unplugging from the charger.
Pretty darned good I would say. :D

Upvote 0
mine goes in cycles. with dark background, mobile data off(it does help, i don't care what the verizon store people say), and my brightness turned all the way down i can go two days without charging. some days the life seem to get sucked out the phone very quickly. those days are few and far between. i don't trust the battery status indicator either. i have run my phone a long time with 20% battery left.

now, if i am in a weak signal area or a completely dead area my phone will go from a full charge to completely dead in 3 hours:mad: that is the only thing I can gripe about with verizon. i thought this problem was limited to android smart phones but my dad's casio ravine flip phone does the same thing. i am new to verizon. this sort of thing never happened with my old provider. my nokia express music would stay charged with zero signal and moderate game playing for days on camping trips.

Upvote 0
I purchased an extended Battery and rear cover on Ebay and battery life now is now unbelievable. I can go 2 days easily and I use my phone a lot both talking and texting. Well worth the change and the size is not all that much larger.

Which one did you get? The one you can get straight from Verizon? I use that one too, and while I easily get through a full day almost always, never do I get two days!! What is your usage pattern like, and what ROM (or stock?)

Upvote 0
ive got the 3500mah battery.. running ths build 10 and icyglitch v14b6 overclocked at 1400.. airplane mode. music. wifi. screen on with full brightness... 8 hours straight use dropped me from 75% to 46%

battery life on this phone is amazing.... dont get too used to it if your upgrading to a 4g phone soon.... lg spectrum i get about 6 hours on a full charge... or less..

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones