• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Honest opinions on your Fascinates Battery Life!

I activated it on my own when I got home and at first I thought they forgot to put a battery in. However everything was sealed, the front screen protector was on and had not been takin off and then put back on, I'm nuts I could tell! It really looked like it came from the factory that way, but I highly doubted. Hopefully there's no issues with the next one.
If the one in your phone was already in the phone, it might have been a line factory test unit (or whatever they call it), that was thrown back into the main batch. The battery has been in that phone for lord knows how long. If it got drained too much for some reason, you can only get it reconditioned (special equipment involved), or get a new one. Sucks the way that happened to you tho bro.

Upvote 0
If the one in your phone was already in the phone, it might have been a line factory test unit (or whatever they call it), that was thrown back into the main batch. The battery has been in that phone for lord knows how long. If it got drained too much for some reason, you can only get it reconditioned (special equipment involved), or get a new one. Sucks the way that happened to you tho bro.

Its working better now, that"s after almost a week of charges. I was so dead set on exchanging it, one the battery, two the volume rocker is slightly loose, and three, I have a hint of blue when I'm in a Full white web page screen. However, the screen I have gotten used to, it looks amazing to me, the battery has gotten better, and volume rocker will never ever have my fingers on it because I would never use it without A tight silicon or rubber type case. So I may just keep this one and sail into the sunset. We'll see, I have almost 3 weeks to pull the trigger on swapping it out!

Upvote 0
Its working better now, that"s after almost a week of charges. I was so dead set on exchanging it, one the battery, two the volume rocker is slightly loose, and three, I have a hint of blue when I'm in a Full white web page screen. However, the screen I have gotten used to, it looks amazing to me, the battery has gotten better, and volume rocker will never ever have my fingers on it because I would never use it without A tight silicon or rubber type case. So I may just keep this one and sail into the sunset. We'll see, I have almost 3 weeks to pull the trigger on swapping it out!

Yeah the Blue tint on all white pages is always going to be there, it's just a thing with AMOLED displays , even the awesome SuperAMOLED that is on the fascinate has this, but I think the fact that the blacks look amazing is well worth the blue tint on white screens

Upvote 0
Yeah the Blue tint on all white pages is always going to be there, it's just a thing with AMOLED displays , even the awesome SuperAMOLED that is on the fascinate has this, but I think the fact that the blacks look amazing is well worth the blue tint on white screens

I'd say about 90% of all the Fascinate Super Amoled screens will have some type of tint, either being blue like we are seeing, a touch of yellow, or off white. But there is a small percentage that will be pure bright white, I went back to the corp store that i bought it at, and they had 2 on diplay, One was a Crazy bright white, the other was very Blue, way bluer then mine. I know myself, I'll start an endless cycle of returns, and end up going through 5 phones looking for the perfect phone. Not really in the mood to burn through favors with my peeps at vzw going through a bunch of returns when mine is working pretty darm good right now.

Upvote 0
just a tip for anyone who has WiFi at home and would rather use it for surfing/email, etc....but you dont want to have to remember to turn off the WiFi every time you leave the house...i find the app Y5 Battery Saver is absolutely awesome, works perfectly, i never have to go in and turn off my WiFi anymore, it's on at home when my phone is on the charger usually, and as soon as i get away from the house it turns it off automatically...its a great battery saver app

Upvote 0
My battery life has improved dramatically over the last week. I switched to a darker background (a picture of the Milky Way galaxy) instead of the live water wallpaper, reset my syncs to 1-3 hours (I don't need my personal email accounts to update that often, and if I check them, I can quickly hit refresh and get whatever's there). I'm also not screwing around with the GPS-related programs as much. Went from getting 4-5 hours on a charge to 50% after 16 or so hours unplugged. That 16 hours yesterday included probably an hour total internet surfing and using Zillow apps, an hour playing games, and usual phone calls, texts, and checking email. I don't know what exactly is to blame for my previous battery use, but it is going great now.

Upvote 0
unplugged it at 8 am, its not at 52%, and i've been on it constantly configuring gps, texting, running neocore/quadrant/caffeinemark and trying to update it wit that new update...and its 11 pm..soo 15 hours and its less than half way done..diggin it

16 hrs, 15 min unplugged and still 53%. Day is over for me now, and I know I could pretty much make it through tomorrow without a charge. Diggin' it. I even browsed the web and played a bunch of robo defense today on it!!

Upvote 0
My battery gets thru the day with just fine on most days with light to moderate use, but If I use google maps for a little...it definitely eats it up and the worst part is...

If your at yellow on the indicator, the camera force closes...anyone know how to get around that?!

Hmm ... that one hasn't happened to me yet. I wonder if it's trying to save it's own battery or something.

Upvote 0
My battery life started out pretty good.. I could get through the whole day... but now I'm having to charge around 8 pm with moderate use. The charge is done by midnight, and i take it off the cord. but during the night the batter goes down like 29%. i checked the battery usage stats and it says that the phone idle took up 29%.... is this normal??? isn't phone idle/standby supposed to save battery? Why is it eating so much battery while i'm sleeping??

I've turned off all background data/auto-sync... and my email is set to manual update... most my apps are set to manual refresh. so i have no idea why my battery is getting eaten up so quick! it was much better when i first got the phone. please help!

Upvote 0
I've been getting over 3 days out of it but I can also confidently say I don't use mine much during the day while I'm at work. I've downloaded some apps, will turn wifi when I'm at home for downloading purposes and have yet to use google maps or GPS. However I will in NYC this weekend for a friend's birthday and imagine I might use the GPS then and also mess around with apps while on the train.

I wanted a better phone coming from a Blackberry Storm but I haven't yet had time to truly unlock all the features and have had the phone for about a week.

Upvote 0
My battery life started out pretty good.. I could get through the whole day... but now I'm having to charge around 8 pm with moderate use. The charge is done by midnight, and i take it off the cord. but during the night the batter goes down like 29%. i checked the battery usage stats and it says that the phone idle took up 29%.... is this normal??? isn't phone idle/standby supposed to save battery? Why is it eating so much battery while i'm sleeping??

I've turned off all background data/auto-sync... and my email is set to manual update... most my apps are set to manual refresh. so i have no idea why my battery is getting eaten up so quick! it was much better when i first got the phone. please help!

Nope, that is not normal. I did a test and let the phone idle for 10 hours, then kept the screen on for one hour solid. The screen took the bulk of the battery life, and the idle just a few percent, even though 90% of the time it was idling. A couple of minor apps took the remaining percentage points. Unless you're NEVER using the phone, closing out everything, and just letting sit for a couple of days, I can't imagine the idle process taking up a third of your battery life. Especially if you actually use the phone.

Upvote 0
This is my first smart phone... coming from a Dare.. and I didn't use any data... so that doesn't make me a good one to take a good "temperature" of the situation. but.... my Galaxy runs out of juice in one day...and I'm at work at all day.. and not using it. I was in Verizon last night... dealing with other issues... (refer to other threads if interested... LOL).. but... one of the guys was talking about the Samsung charger base thing.... ($39)... and when he was telling me about it.. it sounded SOO great... I was thinking you could just slip the SF into the cradle.. and away you go. but.... nope. and of course.. it makes sense. The "thing" (sorry... I'm tired... can't think.. LOL) the "charging thing"... is on the top of the phone. so there is no way it could charge in a cradle.... BUT... I still "think" i like it. It is also a "stand"... which seems to be working nicely... once again.... you have to love the thirty day "change your mind" deal... <3

Upvote 0
This is my first smart phone... coming from a Dare.. and I didn't use any data... so that doesn't make me a good one to take a good "temperature" of the situation. but.... my Galaxy runs out of juice in one day...and I'm at work at all day.. and not using it. I was in Verizon last night... dealing with other issues... (refer to other threads if interested... LOL).. but... one of the guys was talking about the Samsung charger base thing.... ($39)... and when he was telling me about it.. it sounded SOO great... I was thinking you could just slip the SF into the cradle.. and away you go. but.... nope. and of course.. it makes sense. The "thing" (sorry... I'm tired... can't think.. LOL) the "charging thing"... is on the top of the phone. so there is no way it could charge in a cradle.... BUT... I still "think" i like it. It is also a "stand"... which seems to be working nicely... once again.... you have to love the thirty day "change your mind" deal... <3
You might have a poor battery GG. Many of us with moderately heavy use are easily make 14-18 hours. If you barely use yours and its not giving you this same time window consider a battery exchange. Granted there are a few tricks to increase exisiting battery life. But if the unit itself is poor the tricks will be just spinning your wheels

Upvote 0
Nope, that is not normal. I did a test and let the phone idle for 10 hours, then kept the screen on for one hour solid. The screen took the bulk of the battery life, and the idle just a few percent, even though 90% of the time it was idling. A couple of minor apps took the remaining percentage points. Unless you're NEVER using the phone, closing out everything, and just letting sit for a couple of days, I can't imagine the idle process taking up a third of your battery life. Especially if you actually use the phone.

Should I trade it in then? =((( I'd hate to have to customize everything again~

Upvote 0
35 hours with moderate use (around 30 minutes of GPS, 30-45 minutes of games, a few calls totaling just over one hour and lots of time in the Market) until it shut itself off a couple of days ago. Apparently, my favorite battery app/widget "VizBattery" got stuck at either 10 or 15%. I definitely noticed it because at that point I was justing waiting to see how long it would last but it never changed. Finally, it just ran outta juice and shut itself off.

btw, I used a completely black wallpaper and have brightness set at it's lowest.

Upvote 0
You might have a poor battery GG. Many of us with moderately heavy use are easily make 14-18 hours. If you barely use yours and its not giving you this same time window consider a battery exchange. Granted there are a few tricks to increase exisiting battery life. But if the unit itself is poor the tricks will be just spinning your wheels
Can you bring it into verizon and just exchange the battery, or do you have to do the whole phone?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones