HONESTLY are you desperate for 2.1 2.2? or you can live without it?General

Last Updated:

1. jackx10

jackx10 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

i notice that around the world xperia users and no xperia are waiting eagerly impatiently desperate for that release, in 2 months having my x10 and i found every day more interesting and sometimes I dont undestand why people complain about battery life and lags fails thats a complete lie, this phone its sperb , the best i have had, if somebody are curious about what my avatar shows it read this ... 2 days + hours and 24% battery left , heavy usage.... so bashers stay away.... if 2.1 comes welcome if not im still happy , exept the automatic flash and 120 secs of visible bluetooth

Advertisement
  2. clockwork58

clockwork58 Well-Known Member

I need 2.1 so I can get BT connectivity to my car's audio system (2010 Mazda 3) That's what I want the most. It's a 1.6 issue why they won't connect. Booo...

3. sharkhark

sharkhark Well-Known Member

if i keep this phone...well ok..not literally this unit which is buggy..but lets pretend its the replacement coming...i want all programs that are current apps to be available to me.
    i already downloaded a couple games i couldnt play as they would shut down my phone and force close it.
    then i read online that those games are not meant to be played on 1.6
    so i am not a gamer per se...but does that mean that 1.6 is ok? no. its not.
    how bout live wallpapers...sure its girly..but i like it.

how bout swype..i want it..and i read that i must have the update or i cannot get it. the keyboard that came with my x10 is absolutely horrible.
    in a store with an iphone i typed away not peeking only hitting space regardless of what i typed and in the end it looked absolutely as i had wanted it typed.
    i tried the same on the x10 and ended up with a bunch of misspelled, and garbled words...plus in future the misspelled words were offered up as corrections..as it thought they were my short words or nick names.
    it should spell correct..not force you to look at the screen after literally every word..and then choose the correction..i want auto correction. this comes with the 2.1 keyboard.

4. cwepruk

cwepruk Well-Known Member

I want 2.1 for the increased speed, more functionality, more available apps.

The battery life on this phone is great as it sits right now.

5. powerkiter

powerkiter Well-Known Member

Shark swype was available as a download but they have stopped the beta testing again.

There are other apps like it on the market but I cant think of them right now, sorry.

6. KingDong

KingDong Well-Known Member

Exactly.

7. powerkiter

^^^^^^PLUS 2^^^^^^

Yes I shouted so what :p

8. cwepruk

cwepruk Well-Known Member

Shapewriter is better than Swype IMO. There is another one now too, but it's 6 Euros (or maybe even pounds) to buy.

9. 17mayis

17mayis New Member

i want 2.1 for live wallpaper first then for new games wihcs capable with 2.1 and above and the news is the 2.1 comes out in september

i can tell the magic date is 14 september..

10. Gurba

Gurba Well-Known Member

My X10i works just fine so I'm not holding my breath waiting for 2.x. If it comes with improvements fine. If not I'll survive.

11. jackx10

there,s alot of opinions and probable dates but it would be good to know an official date. i hear about 720 x videoHd and it is great but i didnt record videos too often, the auto flash is good in update and other things but, some people die for it and they are not happy today.... im discovering things in my phone everyday, before bough this x10 i consider satio and x2 tnx god i didnt

12. Brumbjorn

Brumbjorn Active Member

I dont expect very much from 2.1. I find the phone fast enough. And rooters with 2.1 aren't really doing the wave. Perhaps there are some apps that only run on 2.1.

What I really would like, is to be able to buy apps. But to do that I have to emigrate, that isnt an android system issue. (Workarounds are not worth the effort, to me.)

13. T3RBO

T3RBO Well-Known Member

I now want 2.1 so I can have Vlingo - looks well cool :)

14. Dbnguy

Dbnguy Well-Known Member

I want 2.1 for some of the awesome apps out there that can only work on 2+

Also Im hoping for louder in call volume with the major update. Also Im not sure if this is a 1.6 thing or not, but the "memory swopping" function of the phone doesnt always seem to work properly. (IE Apps just keep opening and hogging memory rather than closing down when not needed) So Im hoping this will be corrected in 2.

But that being said, Im happy as is, so Im not going to fall down flat if it doesnt come out tomorrow.

15. saltorio

saltorio Well-Known Member

As everyone else, I've been waiting for 2.x for the X10 since I bought mine in April. I'm fine with waiting another month or two.

Overall, I'm happy with my X10. Though now that my friend has gotten his Vibrant, I'm finding more and more cool apps I can't run without 2.1. I'd also like the speed improvements that 2.1 (and moreso 2.2) will bring. The X10 is no slouch in the speed department, but it's also a ways from what it's capable of.

16. wynney666

wynney666 Well-Known Member

i love my x10 and like OP jack, its the best phone ive ever had, the battery seems better now than at first so not an issue.
    But yes i can wait for 2.1
    main reason being, hopefully should get flash support, so that should give even more options with the phone, One i want to do most is Online Poker :) But with flash there shud be more apps and games.
    not to mention the speed increase.
    so yes

I CANT WAIT FOR 2.1

17. saltorio

saltorio Well-Known Member

Umm... unless I missed a big announcement by SE, Flash support is only included with 2.2 (FroYo) to my knowledge.

18. NaplesBill

NaplesBill Well-Known Member

19. berbecverde

berbecverde Member

20. NaplesBill

NaplesBill Well-Known Member

The point is that it proves that Flash is entirely possible on 2.1.

21. berbecverde

berbecverde Member

yes i agree:)

22. wynney666

wynney666 Well-Known Member

"" Umm... unless I missed a big announcement by SE, Flash support is only included with 2.2 (FroYo) to my knowledge. ""
    I wasnt aware of that, however
    ""Actually, that is not true. You can install flash on 2.1 devices:""
    Gave me hope again, even tho that is for HTC some one on XDA will sort it im sure.
    I Flippin hope so, or ill be well annoyed.

23. Bullitt_McQueen

Bullitt_McQueen Well-Known Member

I wasn't really that bothered before but, after reading this thread and the potential of 2.x, I'm looking forward to it!

24. powerkiter

You will get a kinda light version of flash on 2.1 as my mate and my girlfriend have 2.1 and can watch some flash videos but not all???

25. jackx10

well if the update doesnt come its not the end of the world.... if it comes its not gonna change my life , but im just curious cause theres alot of debate... so if somebody knows anouncements and new about this 2.1 update pliz post the links ....