honeycomb for non tablet devices maybe

1. n3rd

n3rd Member

n00b alert

just spit balling here but how imposible will it be to make a honeycomb (3.0) like rom for any android phone given the proper files and framework with a hint of that delicious apk flavor? :confused: <problem being that honeycomb is just for tablets and anroid market would read it as a tablet> but having a gapps just for the device to trick the big guy into thinking its a phone...

just really enjoy the darkness and love that android threw into honeycomb :D

Advertisement
    :
    onapthanh likes this.
  2. El Presidente

El Presidente Beware The Milky Pirate! Moderator

I don't think Google ever released the source for honeycomb so this is very unlikely, sorry.

Best you'll manage is a ROM with a honeycomb theme.
    DragonSlayer95 likes this.
  3. DragonSlayer95

DragonSlayer95 Resident Air Bender Moderator

^this

I researched this for a while on xda, that's the best that you'll be able to come.

What I had to settle for was a 3rd party launcher with hc theme and a hc lock. Just as good imo since I loved the hc feel/theme
  4. Rxpert83

Rxpert83 Dr. Feelgood Moderator

I thought they released honeycomb source along with ICS, effectively rendering the HC code useless?

Either way, seeing that it wouldn't support basic functions like using the phone, you'd be better off theming whatever version you are currently on :D
  5. El Presidente

El Presidente Beware The Milky Pirate! Moderator

6. n3rd

n3rd Member

Rxpert83 yea thats true cause HC never had the basebands and data aside from WLAN to operate a phone call and text aside form 3rd party apps that run threw the wifi

crap i hate to think it would've resorted to having to theme HC threw a launcher and 3rd party app carousel

HC had it made with the whole GUI jazz and, no source code no custom rom:(
    welp it was worth a shot lol thnx guys