1. Hot New Devices! HTC One M9 | Samsung Galaxy S6 | LG G4

Honeycomb! For wifi only?General

1. CM_Audelio

CM_Audelio Member

Found on streaksmart.com
    Well that seems unfair for those that bought the 3G/4G version like myself! Seems like I'm going to get DJ_Steve's Honeystreak again, this time I hope it's not buggy like when I did it last.

Thoughts?

Advertisement
  2. medseven

medseven Member

3. PaxMan809

PaxMan809 Member

Just bought a wifi only Streak 7 today from dell for $199. If this OTA actually happens, it was a great buy!
  4. 3cutiger

3cutiger Well-Known Member

How will I know when the update is available, and where do I go to get it, the Dell driver/download page? Have an android phone, but all my updates have been via OTA.
  5. grayman

grayman Active Member

Has anyone gotten the update? I have seen a few reports of it, but no firsthand experience statements. Just wondering if I am behind the curve or right on schedule.
  6. dbpaddler

dbpaddler Well-Known Member

it's out in the UK for the 3g and WiFi versions. Apparently they are the same. Us should follow shortly. If you navigate over to CDs via the link abovethere is a thread you can download the zip and flash via com. If you're on tomb I would wait since the modems might be different . I think some tmob users have soft bricked theirs trying to do the UK update. Apparently WiFi users can update no problem. I don't see the rush so I'm just waiting for the official us WiFi version to drop. I'm in no rush at this point. Just nv flashed back to stock 2.2 and waiting. Have my touchpad to keep me occupied.
    grayman likes this.
  7. satcomranger

satcomranger New Member

Honeycomb update for U.S Wifi only released today 10/5. Was in the settings>about>system update. downloaded in about 5 minutes .. installed in about 5 minutes..my apps were still there .. one app Power Amp Pro did not work (force close). Did an uninstall and then reinstalled and worked fine after that.. very pleased with the HC update so far
    grayman likes this.
  8. grayman

grayman Active Member

It must be released by region or some other system because I still don't have the update.
  9. dbpaddler

flushdaddy and grayman like this.
  10. grayman

grayman Active Member

This is almost certainly a stupid question, but is there any risk of screwing up my tablet my facilitating things as you suggest?
  11. dbpaddler

nope. it's doing the same exact update you'll get when it finally reaches your GLU number. It's how I did mine. Completely automated, unlike the guy Manni's way over at XDA dealing with Clockwork, recovery and all that.
    grayman likes this.
  12. flushdaddy

flushdaddy Member