Honeycomb OR Ice Cream Sandwich on Ascend?

Last Updated:

1. Martin714

Martin714 Well-Known Member

hmm tht launcher seems laggy on my ascend any suggestions or tips nd if PG finish 2.3.7 soon is it gonna look like ics?

Advertisement
  2. nuttmeg

nuttmeg Well-Known Member

all in the making, but they did up this ics + launcher and it's smoother than the first beta release that's on the market and for the buck it's well worth it, also it has custom icons built into this launcher btw.
  3. Martin714

can i see how urs looks with it?? and i hope PG can do tht 2.3.7 with isaac
  4. nuttmeg

on my esteem or ascend?
  5. Martin714

ascend lol plz
  6. nuttmeg

here you go, :cool:

Attached Files:

7. Martin714

kool lol is the launcher really worth it?
  8. ShinySide

ShinySide Disabled

Yeah it is. I have it on my Ascend too. I was skeptical of it at first but figured its only 1.29 and I was seriously impressed. I ended up liking it better then ADW EX. Theres not as many settings as adw or LP because its still fairly new but its still really nice and fast even on the Ascend.
  9. Martin714

kool i should give it a try then ... hey how do u guys get good performance on ur ascend and making the battery last long all day??
  10. ShinySide

ShinySide Disabled

I delete a all the Google calendar and calendar sync apps (Theres 3 or 4) in the system>app folder. Those things will run non stop no matter how many times you kill them. I never used the calendar anyways.
    Martin714 likes this.
  11. KOLIO

KOLIO SERIAL AGNOANDROIDIST Guide

GOOD PERFORMANCE:

1) Run the latest version of CM7 & strip off any part of it that you don't use(stuff that is safe to remove,such as unused themes from THEME CHOOSER,DSP MANAGER & CAR HOME if you don't use them,unused ringtones,etc....).

2)Install V-6 SUPERCHARGER by ZEPPELINROX.See SCUR'S thread on the subject for a tutorial on the set-up.(NICE JOB on the tutorial,SCUR!)

3)The rest is universal to all ANDROID sets.Set the brightness as low as feasible,use AUTO-SYNC sparingly,& check your battery stats to see what's using the most juice & go from there.

The biggest battery drainer is a weak signal.Turn off data & put the phone in AIRPLANE MODE if you're gonna be in a situation where you don't need data for a prolonged period of time.
    If you've used this phone as a workhorse since you got it,chances are the battery isn't as strong as it was out of the box.If you can find a good deal on a new battery,I'd get one,or,an extended battery if one is available.
    KrstalBall and Martin714 like this.
  12. ShinySide

ShinySide Disabled

^ I delete those also. Oh an the stock Email app. I never used it and it ran non stop no matter how many times I closed it.
  13. Martin714

o ok thanx u guys it really helped my ascend lol=] i just have to remember all of this until the 2.3.7 update is made tht is if it is lol
  14. nuttmeg

disable background also, what i do is turn it on every couple hour for about 5 minutes to synce and see if i have email, than i turn it back off.
  15. KOLIO

Another one to help w/battery & performance.
    Once you've settled on a launcher,make it a system app via ROOT EXPLORER or TITANIUM BACK-UP,& ditch the unused launchers.
    However,if you choose to keep multiple launchers on your phone,make sure the unused launchers do not have the widgets still in place on the desktop,as they will continue to run needlessly,consuming CPU & battery.
    I myself would ditch all unused launchers & save the settings for those in a folder in ROOT EXPLORER for future use if needed.
    DMajor239 likes this.
  16. Gmash

Gmash Well-Known Member

Or you can just open the g mail app and hit menu> refresh.
  17. nuttmeg

yes sir, that works also. ;)
  18. DMajor239

DMajor239 Well-Known Member

This launcher is slow
  19. nuttmeg

you have to set the speed in this launcher, in settings.
    DMajor239 likes this.
  20. DMajor239

Scrolling speed?
  21. KOLIO

MENU>MORE>LAUNCHER SETTINGS>DESKTOP SETTINGS>DESKTOP SCROLLING SPEED.Adjust as necessary.
    DMajor239 likes this.
  22. nuttmeg

yes and you can set bounce also.

+1

what he said.
  23. DMajor239

Still slow.
  24. nuttmeg

do you have the lastest version install, and which ICS you have install free or paid.
  25. DMajor239

Free lol but I'll stick to launcher pro for now and wait and see if playfulgod can port 4.0 over to the ascend.