• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Honor 5X phone calls fade in and out

Whenever I make a phone call on my Honor 5X (used through T-Mobile), The audio will fade out almost completely for a few seconds then fade back in. It repeatedly does this for the entire phone call. It does it even when I have great signal. I have been using T-Mobile for years and I never had this problem using other phones. Other than this little problem, I LOVE the phone.

Has anyone else had this problem? Any ideas on how to fix it?

I've had a similar problem and some. I'm on t-mobile as well, when on calls the other party will suddenly stop hearing me and on other occasions I'll be talking and they won't hear me. I bought a second one and used two new sims cards on both slots and the same happened. On the second phone, it would happen after only a few minutes while on the first phone it would happen after 20 -30 minutes. Granted this doesn't happen on every call but often enough. I've called Huawai and returned the first phone but because it after 30 day purchase they would only 'repair' it. BTW - they didn't believe me until it happened with them on the line - they could hear me but I couldn't hear them.

When I received the 'repaired' phone but problem still persists... Oh well, not much I can do about it now since they couldn't fix it - will have to limit my calls to 20-30 minutes
redface.png
I may try to return it again but not having a phone for 3-4 weeks is not good.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones