General Honor 6x vs ZTE Blade V8 Pro?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Everymanalion, Jan 10, 2017.

1. Everymanalion

Everymanalion Well-Known Member

Dec 2, 2011
    I have to make my mind up in the next few hours about which phone to get. I am on Metro PCS and do NOT use my phone for gaming though I do multi task. I am partial to the ZTE but can get the Honor 6X tomorrow for 50 bucks off. Which would you go for? I hate the honor does not have USB-C and with the ZTE you get a free case.

Which do you think will be better? I am planning on having this phone for atleast the next year and am coming from a ZTE Zmax Pro. Opinions please?

Advertisement
  2. lvt

lvt Well-Known Member

Jan 30, 2013
    Male
    Paris <--> Taipei
    Is USB-C a must have?

3. hyc

hyc New Member

Dec 7, 2010
    So. Calif.
    I was just debating the same thing and I went for the Honor 6X this morning for $199.99 during the Huawei flash sale.

The Honor 6X will be getting Nougat in Q2 of this year. The ZTE - who knows if or when it will go beyond Marshmallow.

I hope I made the right choice. We'll see...

4. GamerCore

GamerCore VIP Member
    VIP Member

Aside from a ridiculous name, the ZTE Blade V8 Pro has 2 features badly missing from the Honor 6X: Dual-band WiFi (5GHz support), and NFC. Right now, the ZTE Blade offers a better, near stock Android experience, but this will change once the Honor 6X is updated to EMUI 5.0 also has a better stock Android feel.

5. psionandy

psionandy VIP Member
    VIP Member

Dec 5, 2009
    Male
    button pusher
    liverpool
    How much of the emui feel can you hide by installing a third part launcher, such as nova?

6. GamerCore

GamerCore VIP Member
    VIP Member

I mean, Nova certainly helps, especially if you theme up all the icons. Still, the notification shade is completely like iOS, but all of that will change in EMUI 5.0 which Huawei says will start rolling out next month. After that, it will be MUCH closer to the ZTE Blade V8 Pro in terms of stock-ish Android UI.

psionandy likes this.
Tags: