Hooking Your Phone to Your HDTV via HDMI Output?Support

1. PowrDroid

PowrDroid Well-Known Member

I have Jelly Bean and I understand there is an issue with JB and the HDMI function. I have not tried this with my RMHD but I presume it won't work for me.

Anyway, what are you people doing with your phone hooked up to your HDTV? Playing games? Just trying to see what your phone screen looks like on your TV? Playing video content from phone to HDTV? What?

Advertisement
  2. budfox66

budfox66 Well-Known Member

You should try it soon PowrDroid. You may not have a prblm at all...mine was unique to my phone and I ended up getting a replacement, works great now but I'm also back on ICS with no intent to go to JB. I watch WatchESPN, youtube, home videos, etc on mine - kids like youtube. Havn't tried movies yet but should work the same. Screen on TV looks great through the phone (ICS) but when I had the JB OS, screen on TV was grainy and not nearly the quality as the phone's screen. I think this WAS related to JB, IMO.
  3. batwings1

batwings1 Well-Known Member

I'm on the stock Jelly Bean version and have not had any trouble connecting via HDMI to any TV.
  4. PowrDroid

I have a smart TV and have a YouTube app (which is pretty cool.) I can see where it would be useful to watch videos you shot with your phone and photos stored on your phone on a big screen. Movies? I guess I'd just put them on a USB memory stick and plug it into my TV.

Anybody else have any other uses for the HDMI feature?
  5. PowrDroid

Do you use an HDMI cable or do you connect via WiFi?
  6. pegs520

pegs520 Well-Known Member

HDMI works with mine, but if I try to play videos, the picture is terrible.

And I'm not sure if this is normal, but it will cut out and in when I open an app.
  7. recDNA

recDNA Well-Known Member

It is a known issue since the jb update. Motorola is doing nothing about it. Long thread at the moto forum.
  8. batwings1

batwings1 Well-Known Member

HDMI cable. Has worked very well for me and picture quality is decent.