• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Hooking Your Phone to Your HDTV via HDMI Output?

PowrDroid

Nov 7, 2012
Minneapolis, MN
I have Jelly Bean and I understand there is an issue with JB and the HDMI function. I have not tried this with my RMHD but I presume it won't work for me.

Anyway, what are you people doing with your phone hooked up to your HDTV? Playing games? Just trying to see what your phone screen looks like on your TV? Playing video content from phone to HDTV? What?

You should try it soon PowrDroid. You may not have a prblm at all...mine was unique to my phone and I ended up getting a replacement, works great now but I'm also back on ICS with no intent to go to JB. I watch WatchESPN, youtube, home videos, etc on mine - kids like youtube. Havn't tried movies yet but should work the same. Screen on TV looks great through the phone (ICS) but when I had the JB OS, screen on TV was grainy and not nearly the quality as the phone's screen. I think this WAS related to JB, IMO.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones