Hooters Girl Competes In Contest Thinking She'll Win A Toyota, Actually Wins Toy Yoda

Last Updated:

1. Dixie

Dixie Member This Topic's Starter

This story is old as hell, but I'd never heard it and it's too good to pass up. So apparently a Florida Hooters waitress competed in a beer-sales competition in which the grand prize was a Toyota, only thing is, it was never spelled, only spoken.

In a funny twist and play on words, Hooters didn't award a Toyota but gave her a ......

A Toy Yoda!

Jodee Berry, the former waitress, is now suing Hooters! Appearantly, she wasn't too amused by the joke!

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHA!! Apparently it was all part of an April Fool's Joke. Seriously thought, that's a pretty cruel joke. Especially because she kind of looks like Yoda. That's how feelings get hurt.

UPDATE: Apparently Hooters settled for an undisclosed amount of money that was more than enough to buy a Toyota. Dammit Hooters, stick to your wings guns.

Hooters Girl thought she was getting a Free Toyota in Drinking Contest [idiotbrain]

Thanks to Shannon, who once entered a contest for an Oldsmobile, won, and got an Alexander Calder original worth millions. Well done!

Link: http://www.geekologie.com/2010/10/hooters_girl_competes_in_conte.php

Advertisement
  2. mcatdtDROID

mcatdtDROID Banned

OMG... that was down the road from me. at the beach. But it was also 10 years ago.

she got a toyota in a settlement. Damn, I dont' even think that hooters is open anymore even.

3. imtoomuch

imtoomuch Well-Known Member

Either you were too young to care or hiding under a rock when this story was actually news!

She definitely deserved a car.

4. mcatdtDROID

mcatdtDROID Banned

That was a bad hooters anyways.... they got a new super hooters just down the road now. Mucho better.

5. imtoomuch

imtoomuch Well-Known Member

Every Hooters I've been to has had average to disgusting chicks. The "fupa" runs rampant in hooters because oh so many of those girls are single moms. The hotties are few and far between. And the food is worse than McDonald's.

6. eyebeam

eyebeam Well-Known Member

This thread is incomplete without the newspaper picture. Pure gold! :D

[​IMG]

Funny thing is, I dredged up this classic earlier today in another thread.

7. saps

saps Well-Known Member

She does not look like a Hooters Girl

8. mcatdtDROID

mcatdtDROID Banned

I'm telling you, that hooters was their "B-squad"

AND WTMFBBQSAUCE is that a HERPE on her lip???!>?!?!?!?!?!?!

she does look pissed though. lol

9. Isthmus

Isthmus Well-Known Member

IIRC, the bad press and the threat of a law suit, ultimately got the radio station to buy her an actual toyota, so she made out.

No word on whether sh got to keep the toy yoda after she got the car though.

10. mcatdtDROID

mcatdtDROID Banned

it was all over our local news channels. I am hazy on the finer details though. I don't remember a radio station, just Hooters. But, we do have a local DJ at the station I would suspect was involved that calls himself "yoda" So who knows.

when did this happen again?

11. mcatdtDROID

mcatdtDROID Banned

nm.... there it is. Damn, almost a decade ago. I realize this was a spam thread, but what point is it.

12. mcatdtDROID

mcatdtDROID Banned

27+9 equals a 36 y.o. single mother of 3 still driving her 2001 Rav 4 with 180K miles on it.

13. VegasOnAcid

VegasOnAcid Well-Known Member

Edited for accuracy.

But ya this is pretty old article.. I am happy she got the car. They went too far with the joke blindfolding her bring her out in the parking lot.. lol I would have been livid.

14. _J.J._

_J.J._ Banned

I could handle B-cups if she's got a nice ass and legs.... The most gorgeous girl on the planet to me is Stacy Kiebler (of WWE fame) and she's a B-cup AT THE MOST.

I also live in the area of this Hooters and she's about my age. I'm going to see if I can find her on fb or something tonight. lol

15. VegasOnAcid

VegasOnAcid Well-Known Member

Errr that is kinda weird? :confused: