• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Hope some helpful people visits my thread today to help The Nervous.

The Nervous

Aug 11, 2010
Hi there,

Alright guys so it has been a week now and I can't tell you how many reviews I've read, how many videos I've watched, how many blogs I've read annddd sooo on! Don't know if this is a natural expierence or not tho :/

Anyways, I finally found a SGS forums with such a large community, so I thought: ''This is exactly the place to ask your questions'' (I know it sounds stupid, lol)

Anyways, I got some questions:
Note: These questions are very newbie questions as I've never had a smartphone before.

1. One of my main concerns are the battery :( I've read a couple of tests from different companies testing the battery. The results always seem to turn good, but when I read posts regarding the battery life on forums, it's totally vice-versa + some people seem to not expierience any problems with the battery at all.. :/
I'm really scared of ending in a situation where I've to charge the battery every 5th hour.

2. (Easy question), Do I have to recharge the battery first time I turn it on? Just curious to know..

3. Another question I'm curious to know is, if you guys have felt the need to extant your Sim cards? I've heard that it already comes with a 8gb sim card, but just curious to know if music files, apllications, pictures, videos etc cover alot of memory?

4. Now to one of my most important questions, Does it cost money to use the internet?

5. And last but not least, your personal opinion of the cellphone. Are you happy with or are you not, why and why not etc etc?

5 simple questions I got. Looking forward to your answers guys :D

1. One of my main concerns are the battery :( I've read a couple of tests from different companies testing the battery. The results always seem to turn good, but when I read posts regarding the battery life on forums, it's totally vice-versa + some people seem to not expierience any problems with the battery at all.. :/
I'm really scared of ending in a situation where I've to charge the battery every 5th hour.

The battery life of the GS is one of the best of all Android devices. Some people did report problems, but it is very few. There is a thread on how to save battery life in this section of the forum. I personally always manage to have my battery last more than 24 hours. But it all comes to how much you use your phone (if you play videos or play games several hours a day, this will obvioiusly impact your battery life)

2. (Easy question), Do I have to recharge the battery first time I turn it on? Just curious to know..
Not really needed. Do notice that at the beginning, it takes a lot of time to fully charge the battery of your GS. The charging time decreases significantly after a while

3. Another question I'm curious to know is, if you guys have felt the need to extant your Sim cards? I've heard that it already comes with a 8gb sim card, but just curious to know if music files, apllications, pictures, videos etc cover alot of memory?
I guess you are talking about the phone memory instead of the SIM memory. Once again, it all comes to what you use your phone for. If you only want to have music files, it should be more than enough. If you have lots of music files, or lots of video, you might want to buy a SD card. GS supports up to 32 GB external SD card.

4. Now to one of my most important questions, Does it cost money to use the internet?
Depends of your phone subscription. The best is to ask your operator. But if you use the internet connection through your home WiFi (for example), it will be 100% free of charge.
Without WiFi, you will need to use data, so it is better to find a flat rate for data or a cheap price for data transfer.

Upvote 0

Welcome :)

The battery is excellent, one of the best smartphones I've had for battery life (I usually get 6 new phones a year). Users with problems with battery life were either A) Unlucky and got a faulty unit, or B) Creating the problems themselves. Of the two explanations I suspect nearly all will be accounted for by B).

I plugged mine in and started playing with it straight away. No deleterious effects on my battery life here.

As per the post above, you're actually referring to the external card slot, not the SIM. Only you can answer that question depending on your use. I have a 32GB card in mine because I like to have my whole music collection of ~22GB on there.

Won't cost on WiFi, otherwise your carrier will charge you.

5. And last but not least, your personal opinion of the cellphone. Are you happy with or are you not, why and why not etc etc?

Very happy. Love the sound quality for listening to music, the divx support, the gorgeous screen, the battery life, the great GPU...

5 simple questions I got. Looking forward to your answers guys :D

No problem.

...and since you're new here you should get in the habit of clicking the thanks button early :)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones