• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

hope this is not old news

offthecha1n

Nov 24, 2009
HHave not been here in a while as im over this bh2 but I went into Tmobile today to pay off the phone (as I plane on switching after 10 years to a better company) well the sales guy always asks how I likw my current phone. Told him its sucks and he kinda agreed. He did say though that 1.6 will be rolled out in 3weeks which is sooner than I thought, and he had heard that MAYBE samsung will give bh2 customers between $50-$100 toward a new phone, Im assuming a samsung phone. Either way I see nothing great on the horizon. So its off to sprint for the evolution or the darkside for the new iphone os4.

Oh and the slide that will have 2.1 will get 2.2 within weeks of its june release...thats jus great

I was thinking about it. or my friend has att and would open up a second line which is pretty cheap and ill get the new iphone. I dont want to leave tmobile but they really fell off since the g1, and though the slide will be good they didnt even put a 1ghz processor in that, and thats is going to be their flag ship phone for the summer?

Upvote 0
I was thinking about it. or my friend has att and would open up a second line which is pretty cheap and ill get the new iphone. I dont want to leave tmobile but they really fell off since the g1, and though the slide will be good they didnt even put a 1ghz processor in that, and thats is going to be their flag ship phone for the summer?

Uh iPhone isn't gonna be on AT&T anymore their exclusivity contract is done its going to either verizon sprint or Tmo from what it sound s like Verizon isn't getting it and I couldn't imagine sprint getting it since they have Evo and apple hates great Android phones so it might come to T-Mobile. They are definitely not going to stay with AT&T although AT&T is trying to keep Apple staying with them by crippling the only Android Phones they have.

Upvote 0

Why not just wait for Nexus One to arrive in stores? or I really shouldn't say Galaxy S Samsung is going to mess up with this one by not supporting updates. At least thats what I believe Samsung has a bad history with updating Android software. Galaxy Original is still stuck at 1.5 and bh2 users as well but was PROMISED 2.0 and now for them to bullshiit us and say that its not upgradeable past 1.6.

Upvote 0
Uh iPhone isn't gonna be on AT&T anymore their exclusivity contract is done its going to either verizon sprint or Tmo from what it sound s like Verizon isn't getting it and I couldn't imagine sprint getting it since they have Evo and apple hates great Android phones so it might come to T-Mobile. They are definitely not going to stay with AT&T although AT&T is trying to keep Apple staying with them by crippling the only Android Phones they have.

This could be the reason we have not seen a subsidized Android headset with a snapdragon processor.

It will be harder for the Iphone to compete with the Incredibles and Evos than it will with the Mytouch Slides.

The only reason Samsuck can get away with the Galaxy S is because Apple, T-mobile, and 75% of T-mobile know that phone will be obsolete in 5 months when they drop the Memoir 2 or Highlight 2 anyway.

Upvote 0

Apple and ATT signed an exclusivity contract that for 5 years ending in 2012. That's not to say that it couldn't be modified, but that was actually recently announced so...

Confirmed: Apple and AT&T signed five-year iPhone exclusivity deal -- but is it still valid? -- Engadget

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones