hope this is not old news

Last Updated:

1. offthecha1n

offthecha1n Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

HHave not been here in a while as im over this bh2 but I went into Tmobile today to pay off the phone (as I plane on switching after 10 years to a better company) well the sales guy always asks how I likw my current phone. Told him its sucks and he kinda agreed. He did say though that 1.6 will be rolled out in 3weeks which is sooner than I thought, and he had heard that MAYBE samsung will give bh2 customers between $50-$100 toward a new phone, Im assuming a samsung phone. Either way I see nothing great on the horizon. So its off to sprint for the evolution or the darkside for the new iphone os4.

Oh and the slide that will have 2.1 will get 2.2 within weeks of its june release...thats jus great

Advertisement
  2. Pat Bowa

Pat Bowa Member

Oh no you are going to Sprint? I was with Sprint for 10 years and will never go back. It's not the phone thing, it's their customer serive.

3. offthecha1n

offthecha1n Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I was thinking about it. or my friend has att and would open up a second line which is pretty cheap and ill get the new iphone. I dont want to leave tmobile but they really fell off since the g1, and though the slide will be good they didnt even put a 1ghz processor in that, and thats is going to be their flag ship phone for the summer?

4. 2FR35H

2FR35H Well-Known Member

Uh iPhone isn't gonna be on AT&T anymore their exclusivity contract is done its going to either verizon sprint or Tmo from what it sound s like Verizon isn't getting it and I couldn't imagine sprint getting it since they have Evo and apple hates great Android phones so it might come to T-Mobile. They are definitely not going to stay with AT&T although AT&T is trying to keep Apple staying with them by crippling the only Android Phones they have.

5. 2FR35H

2FR35H Well-Known Member

Why not just wait for Nexus One to arrive in stores? or I really shouldn't say Galaxy S Samsung is going to mess up with this one by not supporting updates. At least thats what I believe Samsung has a bad history with updating Android software. Galaxy Original is still stuck at 1.5 and bh2 users as well but was PROMISED 2.0 and now for them to bullshiit us and say that its not upgradeable past 1.6.

6. mwl1119

mwl1119 Well-Known Member

This could be the reason we have not seen a subsidized Android headset with a snapdragon processor.

It will be harder for the Iphone to compete with the Incredibles and Evos than it will with the Mytouch Slides.

The only reason Samsuck can get away with the Galaxy S is because Apple, T-mobile, and 75% of T-mobile know that phone will be obsolete in 5 months when they drop the Memoir 2 or Highlight 2 anyway.

7. psz

psz Well-Known Member

Err... How is Galaxy Original stuck at 1.5? Didn't BH_Man's Galaxy 1.6 get ported from.... Galaxy's 1.6?

8. 2FR35H

2FR35H Well-Known Member

Is it? From what I have heard its still at 1.5

Yup original is at 1.6 apparently they had to do what we are doing to get it. Threaten with a lawsuit. I hate Samsung.

9. mindoculus

mindoculus Active Member

First and last Samsung fone I'll ever buy. I'm considering extending the ban to other
    Samsung products. They should be ashamed of themselves.

10. Beaver6d9

Beaver6d9 Member

Apple and ATT signed an exclusivity contract that for 5 years ending in 2012. That's not to say that it couldn't be modified, but that was actually recently announced so...

Confirmed: Apple and AT&T signed five-year iPhone exclusivity deal -- but is it still valid? -- Engadget