Hopefully I dont get rode out on a log for asking this...

Last Updated:

1. itmike

itmike Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Well I have had an Ipod touch and my centro for the last year. Problem is now I have my moment and well it does everything better than my ipod touch and 32gb just isn't enough space for all the music I have. So I'm looking at getting a mp3 player with at least 120gb storage space. Is Zune or an Ipod really my only options. I just don't like the zune and well I really just want to get away from Apple. Their petty stunts have really put me off lately. Oh and that their stupid 160gb mp3 player is 250 bucks. I mean it just doesn't seem like that good of deal considering I can get a netbook with the same capacity for the same price.

Advertisement
  2. mrqs

mrqs Well-Known Member

one (bad) solution would be to stream music from your home computer to your android

3. lekky

lekky Lover VIP Member

why dont you like the zune? Seen zunehd?

4. IOWA

IOWA Mr. Logic Pants Moderator

What stunts are you refering too?

5. lekky

lekky Lover VIP Member

What what??

6. mrqs

mrqs Well-Known Member

yeah i didn't get that either...

7. Laxe

Laxe Well-Known Member

Creative and Archos both have made some good MP3 / media players in recent years. I myself used a lot of Creative products and never had a problem with them. Things might have changed cos now I (ironically enough) do use an iPod Touch but if I didn't have one or did not want to use it anymore it would be those two manufacturers I'd turn to.

8. vido.ardes

vido.ardes Well-Known Member

Personally the Samsung YP-P3 will be my weapon of choice when my iPod touch gives up the ghost. Being the Microsoft seem fit to deprive the rest of the world of the Zune, I started hunting round and the Samsung players impressed me. Easy to use, not too expensive, even the default headphones were decent quality.

9. itmike

The samsung looks nice but I want something with at least 120 gb of storage space. If I can't take all my music with me I feel like I'm leaving part of me at home. I just never had any interest in the zune products.

10. IOWA

I think thats kinda silly, but you are who you are. With ZuneHD you get HD radio as well, and why would you need 30k + songs when your out and about? There aren't many solutions for your needs, yet, over 120GB is really asking alot for an ultra portabe device. Most computer hard drives aren't over 120GB, let alone an mp3 player. I hope you find what your looking for...

11. lekky

lekky Lover VIP Member

I felt the same way, I have about 200GB of music, and I wanted to take it all with me all the time. So I got an iPod classic 160GB . I could carry most of it, but then I had to compromise on style user friendliness. With my 32GB ZuneHD I cant carry everything, but damn, I'm much happier.

12. itmike

Yeah I've tried that and it just never pans out for me. I always find myself wanting to listen to the thing I don't have. That and then having to manage and remember playlist. I just want to be able to sync and go. It just needs to be able to play music, I don't need any of the extra features. The classic would be grat but but iwas just wanting to see if there were any options I was overlooking.

13. Ghâshûl

Ghâshûl Well-Known Member

I also have a big collection of music, and with my previous players I've always missed some songs that weren't on it. I've been extremely happy with my ipod classic! It can contain all I want it to, and the battery life is spectacular. I use it only to play music, so I don't really miss any features that could be found in other models.

the classic is a hit :)

14. Pitamakan

Pitamakan Well-Known Member

I'm perfectly happy with my iPod Classic, too. The current Zune is a nice device, but the platform has had a pretty rocky road, and I'm not sure I have much faith in it long-term.

And anyway, I'm not touching it until the Zune store gets rid of that ridiculous "points" system for purchases.

15. lekky

lekky Lover VIP Member

The wireless sync for the ZuneHD is great too. I'd suggest a Zune 80GB too, I had this before the Zune HD and its also fantastic.

16. IOWA

200gb of music? what bitrate are you using?

17. mikelcan

mikelcan Member

Might want to look at the Archos devices. They might be a bit bigger in size but not as big as a netbook. They hold the amount of data you are looking for.

Mike

18. Pitamakan

Pitamakan Well-Known Member

^ That's good advice. Some of the Archos stuff is pretty cool.