Hopefully moving over from a Blackberry

Last Updated:

1. njguy0414

njguy0414 Member This Topic's Starter

Hello everyone!

For the most part, I guess I could be labeled as a lurker. I like to pour over forums and find out what people are saying, and look for help. A brief intro of my history with 'smart phones' :

My first and honestly only has been the Blackberry Storm. I have Verizon as my provider, and get a small 15% discount off of my monthly bill through my job. The first few months with the Storm were frustrating. Sluggishness, spontaneous reboots, and poor call quality were the major issues I had. After waiting for months for an official update, I decided to load up a leaked version, and had fun with that whole scene. Verizon had FINALLY released OS 5 for the storm, and it's been working fairly well since then.

But it's not enough! The Droid came out and I really wanted it. I wasn't too sure about the slide out keyboard. Someone I work with has one and he loves it. But I wanted to wait a bit, since I heard so many new Android phones were coming out soon(ish) After reading and watching the release of Google's Nexus One, I thought, yeah that's the one! Still no word on when it will come to Verizon. Why on Earth do they have to be so secretive? Doesn't Google know there probably thousands of people looking to upgrade? Perhaps they could take a lesson from Apple? They are great marketers. (Hopefully, mentioning Apple won't set someone off ;) )

Now with the rumblings of the Incredible, I'm leaning towards that. But there's even less concrete info on this. I'll go read up the manual that was *leaked* or whatever. Regardless, here I am. And I'm looking forward to making some type of Android phone my next.

Advertisement
  2. TheSultan

TheSultan Well-Known Member

I can't imagine using a Storm for anything, I had one for two weeks when it first came out--GARBAGE.

Anyway, I'm surprised to hear that you think there's more "concrete info" on the G.N.O. than on the Inc. The Incredible has been announced for April 29th, the manual was leaked, but it was only leaked cause it exists!

3. njguy0414

njguy0414 Member This Topic's Starter

Sorry, let me clarify that. I meant real world reviews. Not just that it's in a warehouse, but HOW it actually functions. And the only true way of being able to review a phone is to use it for sometime. I want to hear/read things like how the battery life is, how the camera is, hows the voice quality of calls are, and are there issues with 3g etc.

Make sense now?

4. justjimjpc

justjimjpc Premium Member VIP Member

Welcome to the AF forums and enjoy your visits !! :cool:

5. bigdroid

bigdroid Well-Known Member

Welcome to Android Forums!! :)