• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Hopefully this will answer some sprint discount questions

g916

Jun 7, 2010
Cali
Okay so I called sprint today and talked to a rep.
And here's what i found out:
-Discounts can not be activated at a Radio Shack/ best buy.

-If your credit union is not on their list you can call your credit union and get their corporate id and they will add the discount for you

-Some credit unions offer 10% or 15% discounts, its up to the employer at the credit union

-Discounts take two bill cycles to be activated :( (guess i'll be stuck with that $90.22 for two months)

-Student discounts are 15% with a $50 credit and you can call in to sprint (or go to sprint) and get that applied to your bill, you just need to give them your student email address to your university

-Hospital employee discounts only work with hospitals that have a "deal" with sprint and that discount varies on the hospital (but mostly it is a 23% discount!)

So basically the discounts arent as simple as i thought, it would probably be more worth it to go into the store and bargain with them. (I've heard of 27% discounts by talking to reps at a sprint store, but that is a rumor).

So I will be getting my Evo tomorrow at RS and promptly going to the sprint store afterwards to work out a good discount for my plan.

If anyone finds out any more info, post it to this thread. Thanks :D

Okay so I called sprint today and talked to a rep.
And here's what i found out:
-Discounts can not be activated at a Radio Shack/ best buy.

-If your credit union is not on their list you can call your credit union and get their corporate id and they will add the discount for you

-Some credit unions offer 10% or 15% discounts, its up to the employer at the credit union

-Discounts take two bill cycles to be activated :( (guess i'll be stuck with that $90.22 for two months)

-Student discounts are 15% with a $50 credit and you can call in to sprint (or go to sprint) and get that applied to your bill, you just need to give them your student email address to your university

-Hospital employee discounts only work with hospitals that have a "deal" with sprint and that discount varies on the hospital (but mostly it is a 23% discount!)

So basically the discounts arent as simple as i thought, it would probably be more worth it to go into the store and bargain with them. (I've heard of 27% discounts by talking to reps at a sprint store, but that is a rumor).

So I will be getting my Evo tomorrow at RS and promptly going to the sprint store afterwards to work out a good discount for my plan.

If anyone finds out any more info, post it to this thread. Thanks :D

I work at a VA Hospital, and I can confirm the 23% discount.:cool:

I did it in store, and they didn't check my info.:eek:

Reactions: g916
Upvote 0
just got the AAA one for 11%. Was asking for supervisor name and stuff, and kept saying employee discount, even for the credit union one. Chose AAA for the 1% more, and just said i don't have a supervisor, i am a member and gave my local branch and member id and he added it to the account. Had to renew contract for 2 years, but not a big deal since i just got the evo anyway. Basically amounts to free phone insurance which is nice.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones