1. 2015 is going to be a great year for Android! Why wait??
    Samsung Galaxy Note 5 | Samsung Galaxy S6 | HTC One M9
  2. New Forum Created: Samsung Gear VR!

Hoping This Is KitKat (Sprint)General

1. Benjie

Benjie Well-Known Member

Here in Paradise.

Advertisement
    :
  2. PubStar2011

PubStar2011 Well-Known Member

Well I'm downloading a update right as I post this I'm hoping this is kitkat 4.4.2. I'm on sprint posting a picture :D
  3. PubStar2011

Oh yes :D

Attached Files:

4. PubStar2011

:D

Attached Files:

5. dontpanicbobby

dontpanicbobby Guides Guide

I think it's KitKat you lucky duck!
  6. PubStar2011

It is kitkat not much change tho sortda depressing :(

Attached Files:

ScandaLeX and dontpanicbobby like this.
  7. iwoloschin

iwoloschin Well-Known Member

Well, like we've all been saying, most of the KK changes are under the hood. Overall the phone should feel snappier, but there's not going to be a lot of visible change. This is more of a "Service Pack" update than a brand new operating system.
  8. RacerXRocks

RacerXRocks Member

Nice I just check sure enough new update:)
  9. rcaine

rcaine Well-Known Member

So we have our first confirmed OTA sightings here in the US. Can Verizon be too many months off now. April??:thumb:
  10. PubStar2011

Well I'm lookin around inside this new update and I go to phone info and I go to the bottom and I see this :what::confused:

Attached Files:

11. drexappeal

drexappeal Well-Known Member

Downlaoded and installed, right before heading out to work. I'm hoping that the Kitkat update will miraculously clear the random re-boots I was experiencing lately. Other than that, I haven't noticed much difference and haven't used homesmack to look at the differences on TouchWiz.
  12. drexappeal

Not sure what that means and if that's a bad or good thing? Can you elaborate?
  13. PubStar2011

Did you see the pic ?
  14. drexappeal

Yes, but why is it "WTF" regarding the security software? Still doesn't explain what you meant.
  15. PubStar2011

I'm just wondering what it was
  16. drexappeal

If I were guessing, I'd say it's connected to Knox. Also possibly related to that prompt people are getting. But again, that's just guessing.
    PubStar2011 likes this.
  17. Lateck

Lateck Well-Known Member

I looked yesterday for the up-date..... none.
    But this morning...... It's downloading as I send this reply. (Using my Asus tablet). :)
    It looks like it will take about 30 minutes.... Very big file, 503 mb.

Will post if I find any noticeable difference. (I am not using the stock launcher, Nova Prime).

Lateck,
  18. drexappeal

Okay, one very subtle (but welcome) difference I've noticed. I don't know if this is for wireless charging or any type of charging, but the sound that the phone makes when the phone is connected for wireless charging is much more pleasing to hear than the original sound...LOL.
  19. PubStar2011

Lol nice :D
  20. evohicks

evohicks Well-Known Member

Wow over 500mb for you guys!
    If I remember correctly it was around 385mb for my update, I am assuming the extra is carrier related ☺
  21. Grimy

Grimy Member

1 major thing I noticed that made a huge difference for me is see what is missing if you press the home button twice. :)
  22. Omicron Note 3

Omicron Note 3 Well-Known Member

Good Focking Riddance ! :ditto:
  23. drexappeal

U talking about double press home for s voice?
  24. Stang70Fastback

Stang70Fastback Well-Known Member

That was one of the first things I disabled when I got my Note 3, as I hated the split-second lag it introduced as it waited for the second press.
  25. Grimy

Grimy Member

Yea. I'm glad the my magazines thing is gone. Constantly popping up every time I fast tap the home button. I'd rather have s voice than the magazines app.