Horizontal view homescreen?

1. carlspeed

carlspeed Active Member

Is there anyway that when I am in the home screen, I can get it to rotate if I turn the phone horizontal? It seems that in pretty much every screen the phone will rotate, except the home screen. Any ideas?

Advertisement
  2. THEFORCE

THEFORCE Well-Known Member

Sense won't but launcher pro will let you
    EarlyMon and carlspeed like this.
  3. carlspeed

carlspeed Active Member

I'm sorry, I'm new to the android stuff, what is exactly is launcher pro? (thanks by the way)
  4. THEFORCE

it is a different homescreen that makes it look less htc and more google like...you can find that and awd launcher in the market
  5. Novoken

Novoken Well-Known Member

I wonder if somewhere out there there is an app to have the stock screen go landscape
  6. THEFORCE

you can also choose how many screen you want....up to seven
  7. EarlyMon

EarlyMon The PearlyMon Moderator

Doesn't the phone needed to be rooted for it to work? (Mine is, but I'm looking at Launcher Pro's website and forums and wanted to toss that out there for the OP's sake.)

Also, best to warn that the HTC widgets won't work with it (if I'm reading their forums correctly).

carlspeed - HTC Sense is an add-on to Android with a lot of features that some people love, some people don't.

"Rooting" comes from the unix name of granting superuser access - kinda like Administrator if you're used to Windows. The term applies to all Android phones.

When you root your phone, you replace all of it's stuff with stuff exactly like it except the rooted version gives you full Admin control to change, control and customize however you please.

And that means that you can replace things not only with an administrable copy of what you already have - you can change really important things, like complete look and feel.

Look and feel, as well as some of the fancier widgets are all bundled with HTC Sense, so sometimes you have to choose carefully if you're going to think about changing things related to that bundle.

Does that make any sense?
  8. Sprockethead

Sprockethead Well-Known Member

If I download this app, is there a way to switch it on and off to test? Kind like how Swype is an option if you long press on a text field - is there something to "long-press" on in order to toggle between sense and launcher pro?
  9. sagedil

sagedil Well-Known Member

Just press home screen and choice of two will come up. As long as you don't set either as default in that screen, you will keep having choice of either.
  10. Sprockethead

Sprockethead Well-Known Member

Do you mean the physical "home" button at the bottom left?
  11. THEFORCE

yes...you know how to disable sense right?
  12. acp

acp Well-Known Member

I love launcher pro so far, landscape homescreen, no icon titles, customizable dock...freakin awesome
  13. System6

System6 Well-Known Member

Helix launcher also offers this. (Just an FYI)
  14. shawheim_a

shawheim_a Well-Known Member

launcher pro is the hottness. i use it everyday. ive used it more than sense. and to enable you to switch from one launcher to another on the fly, go to the market and download home switcher. you can set defaults and launch whatever launcher you want.
  15. acp

acp Well-Known Member

I actually like 3 screens better than 5+ ... also, I notice that I have a lot more free RAM compared to Sense.
  16. THEFORCE

i have the full seven and 2 r just wasted...sense did take up alot of ram and my phone seems like it has better battery life but that might be my imagination lol
  17. carlspeed

carlspeed Active Member

How can I disable HTC's Sense launcher? I think it's slowing the system down a tad because sometimes Launcher Pro takes a few seconds to bring up the app list. I've selected the option for Launcher Pro to come up when I hit the home button, but I think Sense is still running in the background.