1. Introducing Channels - a new way to chat with other Android users!
    Dismiss Notice

Horizontally oriented HTC People widget?

Last Updated:

1. tranceFusion

tranceFusion Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Is there an alternative to the HTC Sense People widget? Basically, I like it, but I would prefer it to be horizontally oriented, instead of the 2 modes available - Vertical and Full Screen

Advertisement
  2. computerpro3

computerpro3 Well-Known Member

Totally agree - this would allow an extra horizontal widget to fit on the screen too!

3. tranceFusion

tranceFusion Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Well, I am new to Android so maybe this is common knowledge, but I was able to add a shortcut to the person's contact card (or alternatively, I could have just direct dialed or texted them) directly on to my home screen. I had to use BetterCut @ $2 to give it my own name, though. The only problem now is that the icon isn't nearly as large and easy to see as the ones in the HTC People widget, and of course it isn't dynamic based on who is in my favorites list, but it will do the job, at least.

4. IzelTokatl

IzelTokatl Well-Known Member

Sadly I have not found such a widget, I'm using ADW launcher... love it, but no people widgets similar to HTC People. I have put a shortcut to the folder "Starred People" which isn't as nice, but gets the job done. Similar to what is stated above.

5. HTCismyname

HTCismyname Active Member

I've been looking for this too...Or else a horizontal music player widget (unfortunately Pandora 3x1 is horizontal...). I wish they would make more options for the widgets...and other things like being able to set a different background for the lock screen.

6. element4life3

element4life3 Active Member

Contacts! Widget

Contacts! Widget v2.42 Application for Android | Tools

I am using it right now, very customizable. It isn't free, but it is only €1.00 ($1.49)

I was in the same boat. Using Launcher Pro, missed the HTC People widgets, found this, and and happy with it. Watch the video in the link for examples. It does horizontal also! :p

7. manderle

manderle Well-Known Member