Horrible 4G SpeedsSupport

Last Updated:

1. rogerinla

rogerinla New Member

I live in Van Nuys, California. I have the LG Motion on Metropcs with the $55 unlimited plan, which I bought in September and ever since purchasing it, my 4G speeds have been horrendous. Im unable to post images since I am a new member here, but my average download speed, not counting synthetic benchmarks is under 100kB/s. Often times it drops to 20kB/s and can hover there. Files between 50-70MB in size can sometimes take 25 minutes to download.

At night it improves slightly but there is ZERO consistency speed wise. My download speed can jump from 14kB/s to 180kB/s then to 60kB/s in the blink of an eye.

The speedtest.net app results are all over the place. It doesnt make sense. I can run the test and achieve a 2mbps download speed, then run it again a second later and get 0.30mbps or similar. The highest result I had in the app was like 2.30mbps. BUT I AM NEVER ABLE TO HAVE THAT SORT OF SPEED IN REAL WORLD DOWNLOADS.

I am on a 3MHz channel according to the ##626* menu. And my PRL is 3032.

I dunno if its just my area or what, but these speeds arent even worthy of being called 3G

Advertisement
  2. THE W

THE W Well-Known Member

what is your zip code?
  3. rogerinla

rogerinla New Member

4. THE W

THE W Well-Known Member

Looks like you are in MetroPCSs home area.

It seems MetroPCS just sucks out west. There's been a lot of California customers complaining about speeds on the forum.

I'm 3-4down and 1-2up where I'm at. It all depends on location.
  5. TheGoodMan

TheGoodMan Well-Known Member

Im in southern California also. I too average your poor speeds. Inland empire area.
  6. hristopelov

hristopelov Member

get the $30 plan and be happy saving cash :)

aye, no downloading big files or streaming videos on that, but is twice cheaper
  7. unnamedny

unnamedny Well-Known Member

travel around, do speed tests in different areas. Its probably just your location.
  8. hristopelov

hristopelov Member

T-Mobile 3G speeds are faster than the metroPCS 4G LTE now..

i just hope they merge faster, and we get to keep our plans, and use T-Mobile network
  9. rogerinla

rogerinla New Member

It seems the problem is my location. About 6 miles from my house I was getting 4-5mbps on the speed test and over 400kB/s in actual downloads.

The closer I got to my house, the slower it got.